Screen durability

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I've had my 950 XL since the first day they were released, last year. Since I've had it, it's had a thin plastic screen protector on it. I kind of hate that because it's a layer between my eyes and the phone. So I'm thinking of ditching the film and just going without a screen protector. How well does the screen hold up to scratches for those not using a screen protector? I'm pretty sensitive to even small scratches. Just curious how the phone screen has held up over the past year for those not using a screen guard. I'm less worried about breaks, more worried about scratches. I was glad I had it on a couple months ago, got super glue all over the screen. Just peeled it off and applied a new film.

Minh Junior Dinh

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
The screen possesses Gorilla Glass 4, it can resist scratches from anything that is below Moh's scale hardness of 5. So, that's pretty much everything ranging from knifes, keys, toothpicks, whatever you have in your pocket. Still, glass is brittle and it can shatter if dropped hard enough. The harder something is, the more prone to shattering it is, well, usually.

ananve

May 22, 2016
Visit site
The 950XL screen rocks. Please look at JerryRigEverything on YouTube.
However, a grain of sand which is harder than grass, can scratch the screen though.

Exup

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Well... I don't fully agree
The screen of the 950XL (Gorilla glass 4) it's prone to scratch much easier than gorilla glass 3...
I scratched mine quite easily (superficial scratches)...comparing with the 930 it's less scratch resistant

If you don't like to have the screen scratched and want to have the color reproduction and the same sensitivity of the screen, I would advice you to put this:
https://www.nillkin-case.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=4368

It's the only tempered glass that won't lift on the corners (the 950xl is not perfectly flat on the corners).
The glass is 0.2 mm thick and it's 2.5D arc edging craft, which help to protect lifting after some weeks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers