950xl totally borked

terdferguson3

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Anybody else 950xl totally f'ed since the December patch Tuesday. Things were finally getting not bad, now this thing is freezing and rebooting like a mofo. It's like a sick and twisted joke that after over a year, this is still happening.💩

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Re: 950xl totally f'ed

Download Windows Device Recover Tool app and reload your software. This should bet you to the latest release version. If it say you have the latest software; below is reload the software anyway; do it. Let us know if you need more help.

PS: Good luck.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site

Anybody else 950xl totally f'ed since the December patch Tuesday. Things were finally getting not bad, now this thing is freezing and rebooting like a mofo. It's like a sick and twisted joke that after over a year, this is still happening.💩

Yes, my 950 is in pretty bad shape since that update.

aimulaidni

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

Lol, welcome to the club...I started a thread about it the other day and I think Player Piano commented there...and some guy called MAK was kinda mad that we were opening new threads about the same issue even though there weren't any about this...he seemed to think it's a battery issue...but it isn't, I checked with a different battery(and I think player piano did as well) and we were still having issues. You are right, it is a joke that this is happening even after a year.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site

Yes, I was there at the other thread. New battery and still reboots. Strange enough though is that the random reboots come in cycles. I can go several days without a reboot and then I will have like 4 within a couple hours.

Matty

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site

Anybody else 950xl totally f'ed since the December patch Tuesday. Things were finally getting not bad, now this thing is freezing and rebooting like a mofo. It's like a sick and twisted joke that after over a year, this is still happening.??????

I personally think OEMs need to do a little more beta testing with device software before they release updates. If you speak to Apple Watch users who loaded OS 3.1.1 they are more angry since their watches actually broke and wouldn't work at all lol.

Hopefully Microsoft pushes out another update in the next couple days to 'fix' the problem. The re-booting issue is never nice.

PJL99

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site

Interesting -- my 950XL is working flawlessly with all current up-to-date software. I wonder what the difference is as it's is totally stable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa