Windows clock

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have problems with you're clocks? Almost every time my battery dies for some hours, when I turn back on my phone the time is wrong.

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes when I go to bed I forget to leave the phone on the wireless charger an when I wake up the battery is dead a when I turn it back on the time is wrong. I have a lot of WP devices and never had this problem, is just the 950 xl

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I know at least some devices where the battery dies completely they lose track of time. Larger computers like laptops and desktops keep the clock going since there's a small button battery that keeps ticking.

Maybe having the network time option enabled will mitigate it.

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
you do know that is the worst thing for a battery, right?

It may not be good but is something that happens with mobile devices, always was and always will.

I know at least some devices where the battery dies completely they lose track of time. Larger computers like laptops and desktops keep the clock going since there's a small button battery that keeps ticking.
Maybe having the network time option enabled will mitigate it.

I had an Omnia 7, Lumia 625, 630,640,925,930 and this nes was an issue, its only on the 950xl, and I have my time settings to update automatically but when this happens the clock doesn't update.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
It may not be good but is something that happens with mobile devices, always was and always will.

I had an Omnia 7, Lumia 625, 630,640,925,930 and this nes was an issue, its only on the 950xl, and I have my time settings to update automatically but when this happens the clock doesn't update.

maybe the phone needs time to get synced with the network and then update the time

Though how does the battery run ou overnight? Is the drain high, like 2% per hour or more?

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
More like, how do you "forget" to put your phone on charge overnight given these things barely last a day? That would be like forgetting to take your trousers off before getting into bed.

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I have forgot to charge my phone several times, once the battery was dead for almost half a day, however, the time was always correct. The auto thingie from the network is on though.

Chemy JMHT

VR Expert
Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone have problems with you're clocks? Almost every time my battery dies for some hours, when I turn back on my phone the time is wrong.

There should be a problem with the internal battery (that one I think is not in all models, also not replaceable) and you maybe didn't select to acquire the time and date from the network.

Minh Junior Dinh

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
Sometimes when I go to bed I forget to leave the phone on the wireless charger an when I wake up the battery is dead a when I turn it back on the time is wrong. I have a lot of WP devices and never had this problem, is just the 950 xl

For lithium ion batteries you should charge it fully and discharge it to 0% every month. Generally, you don't want it to fall too low every day. Otherwise, your battery could live a very short life.

Yeah, I think it needs a bit of time to update the accuracy of its time. This happened to me but the time difference was not as dramatic

Last edited by a moderator:

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I have my phone always set to update with the network and I have already experimented wait one hour to see if the time is updated but it doesn't update.

Minh Junior Dinh

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, you're right... oops. There's actually a function on Lenovo laptops to forbid the battery to be charged higher than 80%, or whatever percentage.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
To get the myths out of the way, there is no charge memory so no need to regularly discharge. If storing the battery for a long while, leave it at 75-80% charged ideally (though 100% charged is alright, just don't leave it for a long while in the draw with a low charge/empty).

Using the battery until low or '0%' charge is fine. Yes, taking a LIon battery to true 0% would be very bad but that's misleading. When devices show 0% that's not truly empty, as the devices are designed to show empty and switch off before they are truly empty. You can't drain it completely unless you run it down then pack it away for ages, which would be bad.

OK?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb