orientation sensor ( 950 xl )

valy2v

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
does anyone else here having problems with orientation sensor? I have run the test hardware from B2X-Smartapp and it showed me that the sensor is not activated (I didn't know can enable/disable this sensor) or is broken.

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
well, you just slide down the notification centre, and see there if you see rotation lock. if you don't see it, press expand. turn the rotation lock off.
you can reach this setting also by going to settings>system>display. turn it off. device display will rotate according to the way it is held. if it is on, it will be stuck to the way it is.

and if you mean like the sensor within the phone, the hardware, then yes, it may be broken, as you cannot enable or disable it.

still, I would suggest you to do a soft reset. you do that by pressing and holding power button and volume down button together for around 10-13 seconds till it vibrates and restarts. this should do it.
also, check for software updates on your phone.
are you an insider? lemme know that as well.

hope this solves your problems.
good day. :)

valy2v

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
rotation works without problems, I did already softreset several times and test hardware made with B2X indicates the same sensor problems. updates are up to date and I do not (anymore) are enlisted as insider a few months ago. If you don't mind, what phone do you have? do you think you could install B2X app, do a hardware test and let me know if you have this problem with orientation sensor? because I have another phone -950dualsim- and B2Xapp says that it has the same problem with orientation sensor.
thank you.

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
rotation works without problems, I did already softreset several times and test hardware made with B2X indicates the same sensor problems. updates are up to date and I do not (anymore) are enlisted as insider a few months ago. If you don't mind, what phone do you have? do you think you could install B2X app, do a hardware test and let me know if you have this problem with orientation sensor? because I have another phone -950dualsim- and B2Xapp says that it has the same problem with orientation sensor.
thank you.

Oh yes, sure. I shall download it right away and let you know. Just gimme a few minutes. :)

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
thanks, and if you have a friend who's willing to do the test, it would be even more conclusive.

Sent from mTalk
Already did. on 640xl, and 650. the app fails, not our phone. and as far as your rotation is working well, you don't have to care about some app. :)

Perez5k

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
The suspected cause of the orientation problem is probably the games that requires landscape mode. They reset the phone to landscape.
The simple cure to this is to download an app called "level" from the store, there are two of them available, you can download both. Run it a few times and your problem will solved completely.
Please share you comments when you've tried it.

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
The suspected cause of the orientation problem is probably the games that requires landscape mode. They reset the phone to landscape.
The simple cure to this is to download an app called "level" from the store, there are two of them available, you can download both. Run it a few times and your problem will solved completely.
Please share you comments when you've tried it.

thanks for the info. :) I shall definitely try it. but believe me, it is just that app that showed it was corrupted. nothing else at all. the phones work perfectly fine, the way they should. but still, I found what you suggested interesting, so shall check the apps out. ;)

najgori

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I can confirm same "orientation problem" with this B2X app,but all working well. That is just bad app...and it's official one. woooow
Even fails with RAM detection... i have 3GB on lumia 950 xl , not 2GB.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss