Did they broke the Camera button?

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing trouble with the Camera button, or the camera app in general? Since some time, not sure which update exactly, I have trouble with the button and the app. Simply unlocking my phone with the button isnt working anymore, nor jumping to the app right away by pressing the button when unlocked. SOmetimes, even making a photo wont work. I stil feel a clear 'click' tho, so it doesnt seem to be my cover/mechanical button. And when I use my camera app, more often I'm getting errors. Sometimes the camera wont start, keeping the screen dark. Sometimes photos are not saved, or corrupted. Rebooting the phone didnt work, taking the sd card out and in again didnt work.

I'm on a Lumia 950 XL, without any Insider Builds or whatsoever.

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the latest production build installed and I'm not experiencing any of the issues that you mentioned. Is the camera the only thing giving you problems?

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
was having that trouble with my GF's 950 with the camera and only thing that fixed it was a hard restore... also just an FYI I was on insider builds, so that's why she was having trouble I guess, after the restore the phone is smooth as butter....

Exup

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I also have problems open the camera app using the camera button from standby.

If I double tap to light the screen I can use the camera button and it will work, otherwise the screen wont lit... (although it vibrate and work...but simply don't turn on the screen)

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
So I changed saving photos to internal memory instead of SD, rebooted a few times, and now suddenly its lightning fast again and working as expected. Not sure what exactly fixed it (too scared to change anything again) but hey, it is working.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I know there were times where certain apps that were in the immediate background, blocked me from launching the camera from lockscreen with the button... And even if while using the app or something and trying to hit camera button it won't launch.

Like right now I just tested while looking on windows central app and camera won't launch :)

I've also been fighting deteriorating photos in other apps. IE: Whatsapp, attaching pictures from camera roll. I take say 3 pictures, I want to send on whatsapp... so I open whatsapp, attach picture from camera roll, and wait a minute, only like 1 picture of the 3 I took are showing up! So weird! goto photos app, and the 3 I took are there. I can send to whatsapp from there, but that's annoying and not right.

My sd card is a sandisk extreme pro. 95mb/s write mofo....

I dealt with it until recently when I got my wife a new sandisk card and was getting blazing performance on it, with my own phone! 60+mb/s test.... whereas mine seemed to be dying to 9mb/s!

I took the card out, copied everything off it, formatted, it LONG way, not the quick format check box and copied everything back onto it. Speed is up to 30mb/s and the weird problem I had with photos not showing in whatsapp disappeared.

So there seems to be problem with some app affecting camera button for some reason and also the health of your SDcard for photo taking.

I don't know if all that rambling helps but that's what this topic triggered me to blurt out hahaha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss