Ive seen other with various phones indicate that they too, have issues with the GPS. Often when I attempt to use the Maps app for navigation it will take forever to get a GPS lock. Sometimes it never locks. I am on the Production build and this has been happening for a while now.

Anyone else here experience this? Has MS acknowledged that it's an issue?
    01-17-2017 10:30 AM
    Sadly no mines fine within 25 meters of myself latest build
    DaveGx likes this.
    01-17-2017 04:30 PM
    I find if you are not using data, then it will be slower. A quick fix is to actually just start moving and it locks on pretty quick. Like for walking directions, relying on offline maps no data, half a block is enough to lock on.

Like I can put my phone to the window on an airplane and within like 30 seconds of that it finds the location.

All my GPS enabled phones (even before windows) I've never really had issue about it not locking.

Be sure that location isn't disabled for maps either...
    01-18-2017 12:01 PM
    yup my GPS Is dog poo. Bing can't use it, half the time bing maps has the red, "can't acquire gps"
    01-18-2017 12:07 PM
    Bing does pretty well with a GPS lock. Waze often has issues...
    01-18-2017 01:13 PM
    Mine has issues as well, sometimes a soft reset or using different apps makes it work - it usually doesn't work well when location has been off for a while
    01-19-2017 12:33 AM
    I have several GPS apps and all acquire GPS signals very fast. No issues. GPS Satellite is a nice app with a number of features.
    01-19-2017 08:31 AM
    My GPS and voice guided navigation used to work with my plastic phone case, but now doesn't. I tried turning on/off location data with no real success, only thing I found that works is removing my case (works for me, your mileage may vary), which is irritating because it used to work with it on. (Tests tried with airplane mode on and off, same results)

GPS + Phone Case + No driving/walking directions = GPS Works
    GPS + Phone Case + Driving/walking directions = GPS No Signal
    GPS + No Phone Case + Driving/walking directions = Works
    01-19-2017 11:25 AM
    My GPS and voice guided navigation used to work with my plastic phone case, but now doesn't. I tried turning on/off location data with no real success, only thing I found that works is removing my case (works for me, your mileage may vary), which is irritating because it used to work with it on. (Tests tried with airplane mode on and off, same results)

GPS + Phone Case + No driving/walking directions = GPS Works
    GPS + Phone Case + Driving/walking directions = GPS No Signal
    GPS + No Phone Case + Driving/walking directions = Works
    01-24-2017 02:02 PM
    No such issues... I get near instant lock. Fast ring.
    01-25-2017 08:21 PM