Outlook doesn't work after latest update

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Pretty much what the title states. After the 1/22 Outlook update, the app doesn't work well, if at all. It hangs, freezes, crashes and 90% of the time doesn't download my mail anymore. Anyone else experiencing this?

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
all good on my end, perhaps yours got corrupted when updating... try to uninstall and then re-install? don't know if it will let you uninstall since its a main app ?

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
weird, my last update shows as from jan 18 and it's version 17.7812.42258.0 nothing new when checked.

Mine's the same version and didn't update until 1/22. Seems to be working better now. It was like it was trying to connect to download mail and just 'couldn't'. It's my understanding that mail is downloaded to outlook's server from my actual mail, then to my phone. I wonder if outlook's server was overwhelmed or something. It was almost like it was trying to re-download and every single email all over again.

Athanville

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
mine is forever syncing, i cannot change email frequencies, i have to stop my internet to get anything done then i also do not get notifications fro outlook nor sms. When i lock screen the device just disconnects internet so no push notifications. in short, they need to fix the whole system

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
mine is forever syncing, i cannot change email frequencies, i have to stop my internet to get anything done then i also do not get notifications fro outlook nor sms. When i lock screen the device just disconnects internet so no push notifications. in short, they need to fix the whole system

sorry, but something is up with your device.... do you have back ground stuff enabled? are you on wifi or data only? Do you have some aggressive battery saver setting, or data saving setting?

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site

My problems are not nearly that severe, just have issues getting mail messages to load, but seems to be 'clearing up on it's own'.

Athanville

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
my settings are fine, background is running all the essentials, battery saver is set to activate at 20%. i am on wifi and no data saving. though also light usage like instagram runs the device a bit hot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb