Poll for 950/XL users - Do you Mozo? Or nah...

HM84

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
I would keep my money if I were you. The quality of the covers doesn't warrant the price. I use a brown leather back Mozo on a Lumia 950 XL. I used Nilkin cases before, which were better looking and sturdier.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I bought many of them but didn't like any of the colors when they were on the phone. I really wanted to like the cyan color but it was a lighter cyan than some of the Lumia phones.

Ibodnano

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Not because I am not willing to spend money on phone cover, it is damned hard to get cover for Lumia 950/xl at my local shop, I only can get it online

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Mozo and I are playing a game of chicken, they keep their prices high, and I try to keep the same cover until I get my next phone. Given that these phones are EOL, I expected some price cuts on the soon to be worthless cases!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Yay I can post here now! Mozo backs win over the original back for me so I plan to use the Mozo ones for sure on my 950.

Sent from mTalk

HM84

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
Not because I am not willing to spend money on phone cover, it is damned hard to get cover for Lumia 950/xl at my local shop, I only can get it online

Tell me about it! I was once laughed at by an employee at a phone case kiosk, for showing her this unheard of non-iPhone, non-Samsung aberration, and daring to ask for a case. I even went to the local Microsoft store later, and the guys there suggested the same kiosk. The market share issue really takes its toll in some countries. This also affects the new HP and Alcatel.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Haven't got any casing or back-cover so my week old unit is au naturel. The shop here had a dark brown Mozo which is way too expensive, and a cheaper flip-cover, which I don't like.
Will be scouting online for something more to my style.

Talking about being laughed at. This was couple of years back in my hometown. Walked into the MSFT shop to get a striking red 1520 for the missus. The salesperson couldn't turn her face away fast enough, as I caught her "you actually gonna buy this, sucker" smirking look.

.... !!!

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm curious to see how many of you are using a Mozo back vs using the original back on your Lumia 950 or 950 XL. So please say so in the poll!

If you are using a Mozo back, i'd be interested to hear which one!

I myself use the walnut wood Mozo back on my Lumia 950 XL.
While owning my 950 I was into the black leather/black rim cover. I owned a 950 XL prior that had the aluminum color finish. So I went for the as much black as possible with the 950.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I try to use no covering at all on any of my phones if possible (no case/screen protector/nothing). The Mozo leather helped in this department adding some texture for when I needed to unexpectedly clasp onto my phone to save it at times.

HM84

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
Haven't got any casing or back-cover so my week old unit is au naturel. The shop here had a dark brown Mozo which is way too expensive, and a cheaper flip-cover, which I don't like.
Will be scouting online for something more to my style.

Talking about being laughed at. This was couple of years back in my hometown. Walked into the MSFT shop to get a striking red 1520 for the missus. The salesperson couldn't turn her face away fast enough, as I caught her "you actually gonna buy this, sucker" smirking look.

.... !!!

Way to sell your products, MS! I sincerely hope there was a happy ending to that story.

Hildr

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I got one black leather with flip cover, one magnet was not glued correctly. I had to repair it with a good double tape I use for arrow fletching.
For now I use a black leather one with black trim. It breaks near the volume up button the second time I removed it, then it breaks near the power button recently (and I do take care, really). Plus the ribbon with the 3 button is not correctly crimped between the power button and the volume up button. So those buttons are always tilted. There are some creak nose too. I somewhat fixed the last 2 issue with some duct tape. But for the price, I'll not by another one. Good looking but overall quality not right for the price range.

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I used to have the red leather mozo on my 950, but took it off. Was disappointed with the fake gold metal around the sides, which wears off quickly and looks bad. But I can't complain, bought it really cheap. Now I use the stock cover with a cheap IMAK Cowboy case. Provides grip and protection, and is one of the thinnest cases around. The mozo, unfortunately, doesn't actually provide protection.

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Bought the mozo black leather case from the local Microsoft store and quite happy with it. What's surprising is that even though the Lumia 950 series is near the end of life, these mozo cases are not on Sale. Waiting for them to be discounted so I can get the cognac case as well.

Sent from mTalk

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Bought the mozo black leather case from the local Microsoft store and quite happy with it. What's surprising is that even though the Lumia 950 series is near the end of life, these mozo cases are not on Sale. Waiting for them to be discounted so I can get the cognac case as well.

Sent from mTalk

I think that Mozo went into the partnership with a conservative production strategy. So there isn't that much of a supply of Mozo cases out there. That keeps the price up.

Kot Prada

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm a bit obsessed.

I have the blue, coral and green rubbery backs
Also the black walnut and cognac leather backs
Plus my original white 950 XL back

Leather was my standard for awhile until I received my first rubbery back (love the tactile effect of the rubbery backs)
Now I rotate through the blue, coral and green rubbery backs
Hah? Rubbery backs? I thought, there are only stock and Mozo backs :straight:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb