Poll for 950/XL users - Do you Mozo? Or nah...

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious to see how many of you are using a Mozo back vs using the original back on your Lumia 950 or 950 XL. So please say so in the poll!

If you are using a Mozo back, i'd be interested to hear which one!

I myself use the walnut wood Mozo back on my Lumia 950 XL.

kbagrows

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
And.... how do you like it? I lust after that dark walnut back, but $40 for a back, when I bought my XL used for a steal ..... tough to swallow. Is it amazing? Do you love it?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Using a replacement original. Bought the phone in black, bought an official replacement in white. I'm annoyed by "the creak" daily, despite having a bunch of sticky notes stuck on the battery - as one does on flagship phones. Would buy a mozo but they're still pretty darned expensive!

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
And.... how do you like it? I lust after that dark walnut back, but $40 for a back, when I bought my XL used for a steal ..... tough to swallow. Is it amazing? Do you love it?

I really like it! I like the look and the feel. The phone feels super premium in hand. And i'm a big fan of the grippy plastic on the sides.

Yes, the price is steep. But I had some cash from Christmas gifts, so I figured, why not.

Using a replacement original. Bought the phone in black, bought an official replacement in white. I'm annoyed by "the creak" daily, despite having a bunch of sticky notes stuck on the battery - as one does on flagship phones. Would buy a mozo but they're still pretty darned expensive!

One of the factors behind my decision to get a Mozo back was to avoid that loose/creaky back plate issue. So far so good.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by Joe920

Don't place it on the battery. The battery heats one is one thing, but the weak points isn't on the battery. I did use electrical tape on the cover itself, focused on the area of give, mostly on the the sides.

I also used Mozo, the plastic blue one. Had the brown leather before, but it wasn't water resistant and became discolored and wrinkly.

DigitalDK

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I have both the green and blue backs and honestly I really enjoy them. The device really feels more premium and they're pretty durable so it's sort of like a case without the bulk.. However I did drop it and it creaks so does not always solve the creak problem.

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm a bit obsessed.

I have the blue, coral and green rubbery backs
Also the black walnut and cognac leather backs
Plus my original white 950 XL back

Leather was my standard for awhile until I received my first rubbery back (love the tactile effect of the rubbery backs)
Now I rotate through the blue, coral and green rubbery backs

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I have black walnut, love it.... Too bad the rubber sides rubs off pretty quick, especially in warm weather ☹ but at least it's still black under ☺

The wood has held up really well!

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Got a black leather one within a week of buying my Lumia 950XL in Dec, 2015. Bought the Zebra wood one in summer 2016 as the leather one felt a but too warm.

Tried switching back to the leather one last month, but it had caught fungus in storage, so had to throw it away.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I am using the red leather Mozo cover, I might buy another one later this year but so far I really like it.

Sent from mTalk on my Lumia 950

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the cognac leather on my 950XL. I might also buy a zebra-wood but worry about the backs not holding up to regular swaps. Not a big fan of stamped texturing on leather so not likely to get a red, black or white leather back, but if I did would get a white one. I prefer leather slightly over wood since smooth leather doesn't look worse to me with age (actually better in some ways) while I would never like the effects of aging on a wood back. Just a personal preference and wouldn't stop me from buying a wood back since I'm pretty careful with my phones..

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
For anyone worried about the Mozo cases breaking after swapping too much, that's not the case. I must have swapped between my black leather and zebra wood one at least 50 times and on/off for SIM/Memory swap 50 times more. They are as durable as the official cover, if not more.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
The Mozo cases look great, but I have a case that covers the back of my phone, so I have always stuck with the stock black back.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
For anyone worried about the Mozo cases breaking after swapping too much, that's not the case. I must have swapped between my black leather and zebra wood one at least 50 times and on/off for SIM/Memory swap 50 times more. They are as durable as the official cover, if not more.
Thanks. I ordered a Zebra-wood cover

toddpart

Jul 17, 2004
Visit site
I've had a cognac leather back on my 950 almost since day 1 when the phone released. It has held up tremendously well, looks and feels great.

augustaville

May 19, 2015
Visit site
I have the black Mozo leather*back, but it doesn't look like it*would*protect the phone in*a drop situation. I have a soft Incipio case that covers the original*back. It does not*fit correctly over the Mozo back. I do*switch to the Mozo*cover*when I am in professional situations*where I need to have my phone out -*it looks awesome with the leather back.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I use the original back w a TPU case ($5. vs $45.) on it - looks rather dull, but protected.
I like the grip afforded by the TPU case, the protective overhang/lip on the front ...
Got the phone on the MS BOGO deal, still looking for the correct subtle color (have black on black), perhaps a dark blue, ruby red ...
My old Lumia 1520 looked great w a black TPU case, framing the red phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos