Lumia 950 xl not booting; can't recover

Jonlan74

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
Today, my Lumia 950 xl dual sim suddenly died out. It doesn't boot after vibrating. Soft and hard reset not working. I have recovery tool 3.11.34101. It doesn't show up. Shouldn't it? Can anyone assite me, plz?

Exup

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
An idea:
- Press the Volume Down Key + Power Key to turn on the unit
- Still hold the volume down key, then release Power Key.
- Wait for the startup screen booting with an exclamation mark " ! " then release the volume down key.
- Press the following buttons in the following order: press the volume up (high volume key) ==> press volume key down (low volume key) ==> press the power key ==> press volume down key.
- Wait a moment and look at the screen, a message such as loading new software will start the hard reset process

Jonlan74

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
Thanks. I already tried that solution, but to no avail. My last hope was the recovery tool but I don't understand why the 950 doesn't show up

Exup

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I already tried that solution, but to no avail. My last hope was the recovery tool but I don't understand why the 950 doesn't show up

At the recovery tool, there's the option "can't detect my phone". What happen when you select it?

Also, have you tried a different usb port and a different cable?
Another thing...sometimes it can take 1min or two to detect the phone on windows.

Good luck mate

Jonlan74

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
It lists all the Lumia models but 950s aren't there, although for what I've read, they should

I have tried 2 ports, one 2.0 and another 3.0 even on 2 different PC

Windown not even detects a phone. It detects as somekind of storage and it keeps coming and going, as the phone seems to be rebooting...

I'm out of options. It seems I've to mail the phone to Microsoft :)
Thanks for the help

Jonlan74

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
Yes, even for longer. Also removed the sim and the micro sd also. The screen remains black, the only thing I get is vibrations when tried the hard reset but nothing more

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
This very thing has been happening to my 950XL. It started by chronically force closing on my photos app, upon taking pics, and some apps. Force rebooting was occurring also. Then is started saying my SD card was corrupt and wanted to fix it. The "fix" didn't work so I removed the sd card. Over the next two days it kind of behaved, only force closing a couple times and force shut down once. Then just an hour ago it force shut down while it was on the charger and wouldn't boot up for several minutes. Trying all the key combos to get it to boot up wouldn't work. At best it would just vibrate every 4 or 5 seconds. Finally it booted up. I'm resetting it now.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
@Jonlan74
When you connect the Lumia 950 XL to your PC via USB check device manager. Look to see if it ever makes it to the Lumia boot manager. If that listing never shows up in device manager then look for Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 under Ports (COM).

It is possible there is a hardware fault but if there is not and it is botting to either the Lumia boot manager or QC 9008 mode then it could be a software or boot loader issue the requires a more in depth recovery then a standard hard reset.

QC9008.PNG

The pic I posted here is of a Lumia 929 that is doing this. It reboots every 30 sec or so, with no vibration and goes straight into QC 9008 mode. I know for sure it is a hardware issue because prior to doing this it was dropped. When attempting to recover it using Emergency flash loaders it is able to boot, some times reflashing it fails though because certain memory segments are unreadable. I can using Windows Phone Internals reflash it with the original FFU file but it never boots.

So try not to give up until you are certain it is a hardware issue or you just want to move on from it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo