Audio Jack and combo cables.

ninetenduh

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site
I today kind experienced something odd with my 950XL, it was the first time i went out with a pair of headphones, had a quite lengthy bus drive to do(1hr+) so i wanted to listen to some music, but when i plugged in my headphones the Phone completely ignored the fact, so i had a total of over 2 hours in the bus without music. The headphones are HyperX Cloud 2 which have a Combo cable, means the Microphone and Sound are in the same cable and with only one 3.5 mm jack, obviously i unplugged the Microphone cause that looks silly in a bus. but exactly that made the headphones not work at all, when i came home i plugged in the Microphone and bam, all works. Is it supposed to be like that ?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The headphones are HyperX Cloud 2 which have a Combo cable, means the Microphone and Sound are in the same cable and with only one 3.5 mm jack, obviously i unplugged the Microphone cause that looks silly in a bus. but exactly that made the headphones not work at all, when i came home i plugged in the Microphone and bam, all works. Is it supposed to be like that ?
Let me add some compassion. :) I don't think it's supposed to work like that. Does it keep behaving the same after a restart? I've seen some bad audio behavior related to plugging in on insider builds. For example, I had two audio apps play simultaneously when I pressed the 'play' button of my headset. So a bug is definitely a possibility. Always good to report these with the Feedback app. Press power-volume down together when it's happening, I suspect that will automatically include some relevant system parameters in the report.

ninetenduh

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site
First of all, it is odd behaviour because the Headset works fine on the with or without the microphone plugged in. It does the same even after a restart. The exact moment i unplug the microphone the Phone pauses the playback and switch the output source to speaker. As if the Headset is not even plugged in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa