damnit it, finally happened to me!! lost my L950XL

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
so last weekend I went snowmobiling and I lost my Lumia 950XL somewhere while pushing this guys sled when he got stuck and the phone fell out of my coat pocket that I was sure zipped closed but some how must've unzipped itself! to say the least I was devastated to lose my beloved L950xl and was SO MAD! this is the first phone that I've ever lost in my life and hopefully the last! such a horrible feeling to lose something so valuable and quite frankly personal! so now I switched to an android phone (LG G5) and I already hate it.. not the phone but android! OMG now I know why I luved windows phones! first off ANY APP or GAME that you install has malware and adware that you have to be weary of! even in the bloody reviews that's all everybody complains about! I'm so scared to install anything because of the viruses and malware and adwares, its just disgusting! then you have to worry about these said apps/games getting access to all your personal information and camera's and microphones, and pics... there is absolutely no privacy on android!!!! I didn't have to worry about this crap on windows platform!! it was such a pleasure to have to not worry about these things! and as for the general OS of android, I find it so boring and plain... there is no LIVE UPDATES to let you know what you received in your emails except a bloody number on the static icon to let you know you got 2 emails... with windows 10 I can see I got 2 emails and a brief description of what the emails are... sorry folks but windows has android beat hands down!! the ONLY REASON WHY THERE IS SO MANY MORE APPS/GAMES FOR ANDROID IS BECAUSE YOU CAN'T INSTALL ALL THE CRAPWARE IN THE APPS AND GAMES with windows store!!! therefore the profits are largely smaller! devs must make much more money on android because of the revenues they get from placing fracking annoying and very intrusive ads in their stuff!!! every button you push or next page there is ads pop ups galore!!! I am 100% convinced that's why there is such a huge app gap!! I just hope windows never changes that about itself... its great having all these apps at my disposal but with such a HUGE cost of peace of mind! pretty sad state that android is in... I can't believe android is so popular! blows my mind LOL

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
thanks guys... but I don't know if someone will ever find it as its in a field somewhere god only knows and it is probably ruined from water/snow...

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey, beman39. If you're interested, I have a black 640XL that you're welcome to use until you score another 950XL. 👍 It's spotless. I mean, if you're just really wanting to get back to the Windows 10M side of things.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey, beman39. If you're interested, I have a black 640XL that you're welcome to use until you score another 950XL. ?????? It's spotless. I mean, if you're just really wanting to get back to the Windows 10M side of things.

thanks buddy but I ended up buying my GF's L950 to use and then I decided to get an android (big mistake) and dip my toes back into the android scene... man I didn't miss anything, it SUCKSSSS! and sorry if this offends the android fan boys but I don't care! I just might end up selling my LG G5 and buying an HP elite X3 or something like that... the LG is a good solid phone and I was pleasantly surprised to see it has DTTW and DTTS and glance, but the only thing missing that would have made me so happy is wireless QI charging... the L950XL has it all and I can see why its such an attractive phone! you can't beat the simplicity of win10 coupled that with the fact it has live tiles and all your information at a glance just blows android out of the water... if the APP gap was not a factor, W10 would kill all the other mobile phone platforms.. hands down without a doubt! but since all the devs are so greedy to make a profit (I'm sorry but all the apps that are BLASTED with ads leaves me only to this conclusion) and can't make such a profit on a w10 environment is what's causing the app gap... THATS IT pretty sad if you ask me.. pretty sad indeed.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Download apps and games from the play store and you should be good or get an iPhone

oh I do download from the play store and that's what the problem is, its pretty sad when you read the reviews and EVERYBODY is complaining about the massive ads placed in these apps/games!!! devs are so bloody greedy to make money on these apps/games and not just the free ones I'm talking about either! even the ones you pay to have "ad free" apps and then still be bothered by ads! it just boggles my mind! then you have to worry about these apps/ games that want access to your contacts and camera and mic and ect ect ect... there is no privacy AT ALL on android... I'm too scared to install anything on my phone! I never ever had that problem with windows... the app I installed only needed access to what appropriate parts it needed in order to it to work, only thing windows apps want access to is your geo location of where you are... that's it! a little intrusive but I can live with that.. it boggles my mind what privacy people are willing to give up to have the next "fun game/app"

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Can't you use find my phone to locate and remotely ring it?

The remote ring tone is ridiculously loud, it makes the speaker rattle :grin:

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Did you try Find My Windows Phone on your Microsoft Account?

AFAIK that only works if the phone is powered on, I'm sure the phone got wet from the snow storm from that night and it got buried in 2 feet of snow lol its lost, and probably finished from all the recent rain we got these past week

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
not if the phone shorted out by getting wet...

True, however if you have find my phone active then your GPS location is periodically updated.

So it would at least give you a fixed place within a few metres of where phone is located.

You'd be surprised how durable most smartphones are these days.

Last edited:

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
oh I do download from the play store and that's what the problem is, its pretty sad when you read the reviews and EVERYBODY is complaining about the massive ads placed in these apps/games!!! devs are so bloody greedy to make money on these apps/games and not just the free ones I'm talking about either! even the ones you pay to have "ad free" apps and then still be bothered by ads! it just boggles my mind! then you have to worry about these apps/ games that want access to your contacts and camera and mic and ect ect ect... there is no privacy AT ALL on android... I'm too scared to install anything on my phone! I never ever had that problem with windows... the app I installed only needed access to what appropriate parts it needed in order to it to work, only thing windows apps want access to is your geo location of where you are... that's it! a little intrusive but I can live with that.. it boggles my mind what privacy people are willing to give up to have the next "fun game/app"

A developer needs to make money, its good you read reviews before you buy. iOS is a much better ecosystem than android, give it a try

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Can you please use the Find My Phone feature, just to put us all at ease?

I don't really like Android either. Too much bloatware, slow updates and a poor notification system. In saying that though, ironically, the new Nokia 6 Android phone, is actually a pretty good Android device. Saying that though, you can't be saved just by tons of apps alone.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Can you please use the Find My Phone feature, just to put us all at ease?

I don't really like Android either. Too much bloatware, slow updates and a poor notification system. In saying that though, ironically, the new Nokia 6 Android phone, is actually a pretty good Android device. Saying that though, you can't be saved just by tons of apps alone.

I checked its not connecting... the nokia android phone might be a good phone, but android will just ruin it (for me anyways)... too much crap in the play store....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes