Enjoying my 950XL again

teiva

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm back on Win10M and 950XL again. Quite simply, It's the best mobile OS. I tried apples phone 7 plus and honestly couldn't see what all the hope was about. Didn't like IOS at all. The camera was good, loved the 2x optical zoom. The 950XL still took better photos though. Tried android and yeah some of the apps were nice but the OS is just not there for me. I've been an android user before and loved my HTC M9 and pretty well changed back to W10M for similar reasons as then. I thought the app gap would have been a showstopper but in reality it's just not. Most of the free and even some paid apps on android are simply advertising platforms. Now I'm just deciding whether to go fast ring or not. Got to say, its nice to be back.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm back on Win10M and 950XL again. Quite simply, It's the best mobile OS. I tried apples phone 7 plus and honestly couldn't see what all the hope was about. Didn't like IOS at all. The camera was good, loved the 2x optical zoom. The 950XL still took better photos though. Tried android and yeah some of the apps were nice but the OS is just not there for me. I've been an android user before and loved my HTC M9 and pretty well changed back to W10M for similar reasons as then. I thought the app gap would have been a showstopper but in reality it's just not. Most of the free and even some paid apps on android are simply advertising platforms. Now I'm just deciding whether to go fast ring or not. Got to say, its nice to be back.

Welcome back! Enjoy the 950XL experience.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

Fast ring it after a clean install...

Sent from mTalk on 950XL

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Welcome back! Glad to hear that you are enjoying your 950XL!

I enjoy reading happy posts like yours.

rory753

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am almost right at the same point as you. the difference for me is I switched to a sony xperia xz and android. I spent roughly the last 3 months on it, and while it's nice to have access to some apps that aren't available to windows mobile, I don't feel it's enough to justify switching systems.
I got the xperia specifically when I wanted to make sure I would have some apps for an upcoming vacation, and I wanted a hardware photo button. I was actually surprised at how slow it took for the camera to load from pressing the hardware button compared to the lumia 950 xl. Other items that were interesting was the shutter speed could not go above 1 second, where as I can get 4 seconds with a lumia. basically, I felt the camera was performing better then the xperia xz.
the largest reason i'm switching back is I use my phone as a mobile hotspot on a fairly regular basis for work. with windows phone, I can just start the hotspot from my surface, and away I go. I couldn't do that with the android, and I didn't care to pursue trying to find a hack to get it to work. so, i'm just going to go back to windows phone.
it's nice being back but i'm still looking at it with a critical eye. I wish there were more features coming to the creators update, like split windows in continuum. I was having sms issues prior to switching to the sms, and if those come up again, i'll swap back, and hope things get sorted and theres a device worth spending money on.

teiva

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I understand where you are coming from rory753. I've just switched to the fast ring and the builds appear to be quicker in use. I'm having a bit of trouble with Cortana closing as soon as I open it though. Have to figure a way around that as I use Cortana a fair bit. Maybe a hard reset will help although I do understand that the fast ring builds are WIP. Like you, it's so nice to use a decent camera again. I really missed the camera on the 950XL. It's the best I've used so far. What I also love is the functionality of the OS. It just works so well. I tried a iPhone 7 plus and wasn't impressed with IOS at all. Now to figure out this Cortana problem. I run it and it comes up for a second then disappears. Hmmm.

emmeborn

Elite x3 & Lumia 950XL Champion
May 27, 2013
Visit site
Mostly using my HP Elite X3, but going back to the camera on the 950 XL because it is fantastic. Tried using Samsung Galaxy S7 for a while but did not like it at all. That phone also got unusable in minus 15 degrees celsius but the 950 XL still worked as usual. :)

teiva

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Mostly using my HP Elite X3, but going back to the camera on the 950 XL because it is fantastic. Tried using Samsung Galaxy S7 for a while but did not like it at all. That phone also got unusable in minus 15 degrees celsius but the 950 XL still worked as usual. :)

The X3 looks like an interesting beast. My 950XL started randomly rebooting and freezing. Did a hard reset but then it started doing it again. I'm having to use a iPhone in the interim until I can sort it out. The camera on the 950XL is simply brilliant. In the early days of Win10M it's one of the things that kept me on the platform.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
The X3 looks like an interesting beast. My 950XL started randomly rebooting and freezing. Did a hard reset but then it started doing it again. I'm having to use a iPhone in the interim until I can sort it out. The camera on the 950XL is simply brilliant. In the early days of Win10M it's one of the things that kept me on the platform.

I had the problem with my 950 xl as well. I used the WDRT (Microsoft Device Recovery Tool) and reload to the factory standard release software. It solved my problem. If you want to do the Insider program, you can still do that.
Go MS and search for the WDRT app and download and follow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel