@emmeborn - seeing as you're the first Lumia 950 XL Champion, was wondering what your take was on the 950 XL. What are your favorite features - or - what do you love about it MOST? And how does it stack up to the competition on the market today?
    03-14-2017 10:42 AM
    Well, the best and most stand-out feature of the Lumia 950XL, what really sets it above the competition from all the other Windows Phones, is that you can buy one from, like, shops and things without moving to the US (as is needed for Alcatel stuff, which isn't even available in France let alone here in the UK anywhere else, just in the US where no-one likes Windows Phones much anyway...) or taking out a second mortgage (like HP's option). The feature of being available to buy for the general public is very attractive when considering one's options. Often it is the only deciding factor.
    aximtreo likes this.
    03-14-2017 11:24 AM
    That's cool. Availability is definitely an important thing!
    03-14-2017 11:47 AM
    My favorite feature of the 950 XL is the outstanding camera. The best camera I have used in a phone. I also use continuum a lot using the HP Elite X3 dock :-) when I have to do some quick work things. Other things I like is the leather Mozo back that makes the phone stand out.
    jgfoley likes this.
    03-14-2017 04:14 PM
    Double Tap To Wake, Glance, Continuum, Reachability (long press on the home button to bring the screen down), decent camera, triple led flash that doubles as the brightest flashlight I've seen on a phone, great dedicated camera button, looks nice, great value for money vs flagships on the other platforms, gorgeous screen that performs great in bright sunlight (except Glance which becomes invisible), would love to say Tap to Pay but I'm not in the US so we get forgotten about as per. Of all my Lumia's over the years I think this is now the best all rounder I've ever had. I loved the 1520 but the one minor fault I had with that was it was just a tiny bit too big and heavy and would just be that bit too uncomfortable in my pocket for my liking. The 950xl is perfect size and weight for me.
    Ariel Takom, jgfoley and ven07 like this.
    03-14-2017 05:24 PM
    Double tap to wake and continuum
    03-14-2017 05:32 PM
    Camera. Period
    ... and the screen...

... !!
    emmeborn likes this.
    03-14-2017 11:10 PM
    Interesting thread. I have written so mich about the few negatives on the device like the bad button placement, small size, terrible speakers; that I had forgotten the positive aspects.

Camera is definitely one of the best. Never tried tap to play. Kind of wish my X3 had it.

Sent from mTalk
    raycpl likes this.
    03-15-2017 12:30 AM
    Interesting thread. I have written so mich about the few negatives on the device like the bad button placement, small size, terrible speakers; that I had forgotten the positive aspects.

Camera is definitely one of the best. Never tried tap to play. Kind of wish my X3 had it.

Sent from mTalk
    Ya.
    Realised long ago, there is no perfect phone.
    920 wasn't perfect cos battery life was poor.
    720 was near perfect, but it was midrange
    830 was nearly perfect, nearly a flagship, etc
    1520 was perfect but too big. And couldn't moved to W10M perfectly.
    950XL is occasionally perfectly..... hot!!

... !!
    03-15-2017 03:45 AM
    @raycpl - how is it 'hot'? Just the overall design?

I dig me some schmexy phones no doubt about it :)

I think the 950 XL has received a lot of undue criticism, but that's just me.
    raycpl likes this.
    03-15-2017 09:54 AM
    Should just name the thread 950/XL since both are rather great phones.
    03-15-2017 10:29 AM
    Yeah, it's the camera. Pretty sure that's going to be the overwhelming response here.
    03-15-2017 04:11 PM
    The volume up button! Love that thing. 😁 And the camera, of course.
    03-15-2017 05:09 PM
    I mostly like it because of operating system. I couldn't use it with Android or iOS.
    emmeborn likes this.
    03-15-2017 06:41 PM
    @raycpl - how is it 'hot'? Just the overall design?

I dig me some schmexy phones no doubt about it :)

I think the 950 XL has received a lot of undue criticism, but that's just me.
    Hot as in temperature 🔥 !! I think anyone who got it when it first launch knew that would happen esp when its snapdragon was famed for heating up. But now with all the updates, at most it just warm up. Mine runs like a dream...

I really don't get all the fuss about phone design. 99.99% of people put their phones goes into a casing anyway. (I must confess, my three month 950XL wears nothing but a plastic screen protector!!) For me, the screen matters most. It has got to be clear and sharp without being blindingly bright, black mean black.
    The power button placement is something I got used to. Could have been bigger though. Same thing for onscreen buttons, something I got used to without difficulty.
    .. The camera, did I mention how good it is?? And it still has a physical button. That's important to me.

... !!
    emmeborn likes this.
    03-15-2017 09:22 PM
    The 950 xl is an awesome phone by all means I just felt the 5.7 was a bit to much for me even though I have big hands. You can't even go wrong with a 950 even though there only about a 5% or 10% performance difference. Overall both share same camera and a beautiful screen. And both do kinda warm.
    raycpl likes this.
    03-16-2017 05:29 AM