Can't get pictures people are texting to me on new 950 xl (new to WP10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHeroFromDOOM

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Hay guys I just got a lumia 950 xl and can't get the pictures my friend sent me on his iphone. It says download but it does not dl. Is there a way to fix this? New to the OS so I don't know if I got to adjust the settings or something. Does WP10 support cross platform media sharing for iphones and android? Thanks guys for the help.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
sounds like you don't have your MMS settings correctly... I suggest you call your service provider and ask them how to set this up correctly...

TheHeroFromDOOM

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I using the same plan I used on my galaxy s4. Just had to get a nano sim card to replace the micro sim card. The plan is the same. Was able to do it on my galaxy s4. This is a WP thing I think.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I using the same plan I used on my galaxy s4. Just had to get a nano sim card to replace the micro sim card. The plan is the same. Was able to do it on my galaxy s4. This is a WP thing I think.
Make sure your friend's iPhone has his iMessaging set to "Send as SMS" checked on. That's been known to happen with people who switch phones and can't get messages from prior iPhone users.

TheHeroFromDOOM

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
My brother and friend have a iphone, both don't work. My aunt tried to text me a picture on a android phone, same thing happened. I get get text, just not media.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
If the above doesn't work there may be a fix in the "Howard Forums"
That site has saved my bacon more than once.

pgp66

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Are these pics via SMS? If so do you have a dual sim phone and have dual SIMs in use? If you do then you need the Networks and wireless, Mobiles & SIM, and Use this SIM for mobile data set to the SIM he sent the SMS to. If you are using the other SIM for data it won't download the pics via SMS.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm a little afraid to try this. I don't really know what I'm doing. Do you think if I call consumer cellular they could help me with this?

Fortunately, it's not as hard as it looks. If it doesn't work, it's always easy to just delete the settings and start over. There's no way for you to break your phone by doing this.

You can try but I'm not sure how familiar they are with Windows phones.

TheHeroFromDOOM

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I tried it twice, no luck :(. Even tried the link info, no luck. Thanks for trying guys. Don't know what to do now. This is the only thing not working, keeping my phone from being perfect.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I tried it twice, no luck :(. Even tried the link info, no luck. Thanks for trying guys. Don't know what to do now. This is the only thing not working, keeping my phone from being perfect.
Aw I'm sorry.

Your best bet is to contact them and say that you have a Windows phone. What MMS settings do I need to put in?

I'm not too familiar with this carrier but from my understanding, they have att sims and t-mo sims so it's hard to say what the deal is for your card.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
My brother and friend have a iphone, both don't work. My aunt tried to text me a picture on a android phone, same thing happened. I get get text, just not media.

I'm telling you it has nothing to do with sending from android or IOS, my GF has android and she sends me pics all the time... also my brother has an iPhone and he has no problems sending me pic via mms.. are you with AT&T? didn't people have to get the imei registered with their cell provider to get MMS working properly? any ways call your cell provider and ask for the specific settings and see if you have to register your phones imei to get it working properly...

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
yes its either you have to register the phone with your provider and/or get the correct mms settings. Sometimes its enough to send an mms to yourself after you have the correct mms settings saved for your phone to register with the network, I would call your provider and just tell them you have purchased an unlocked windows phone and would like to use it on the network and ask them the procedure for doing so and the correct settings for mms apn.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
From what I can tell Consumer Cellular evidently doesn't officially fully support phones running Windows.
I remember a user here some time ago trying get a Lumia 640 to see LTE on consumer cellular.
Not sure if there was a resolution.

I believe that person just gave up.

Cricket is probably a much better deal for the WM user than CC in my opinion.

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Greetings,
I have a 950 dual sim unlocked phone that I use with Consumer Cellular and I am able to receive and send photos via Messaging.
I previously had a 640 and dual sim 650 that allowed this. All of these phones have been running a version of windows 10.
However, my wife's 640 runs 8.1 and has never been able to send or receive photos with Messaging despite two conversations with CC support who helped me enter the necessary sim mms and sms settings and finally just stated they did not know what else to do. Go figure.
I do not think it is the windows OS version that is causing the problem, as my 640 ran 8 out of the box and could receive photos.....there is some other setting somewhere that we are missing.....
I would suggest calling Consumer Cellular and work through the SMS and MMS settings. Perhaps then have a handle on it now......
We work around it by having photos attached to emails instead of messages....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel