Iris scanner on creators update

Exup

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Well, I don't know where you're hopes were, but I'm happy with great improvement.
before the C.U. I rarely was able to unlock the phone with my polarized eyewear, and now with the update I can even within an arm distance to unlock it 90% of the time.

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
My hopes were, that I could unlock the phone while it sits in the car mount, whch is rougly 40-50cm from my face, but it doesn't work. My sunglasses (also polarized) didn't make any problems before.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I've had THREE 950XLs and not a one of them believes I even have eyes. I couldn't train it in a bright room, dim room or bright daylight with glasses off.

fin11

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
My iris scanner/windows hello works very smoothly both with or without glasses. Was fine even on AU, but is now even faster after CU installed today. Only time it has problems is outside in bright sunlight when I cant keep my eyes fully opened due to intense light. Really like this feature. I trained the scanner when I first started using it in various light conditions with and without glasses and I try looking at the Microsoft text, opens up very fast every time. I also try not to tilt my phone away but hold it in a straight line parallell to my face.

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
My iris scanner/windows hello works very smoothly both with or without glasses. Was fine even on AU, but is now even faster after CU installed today. Only time it has problems is outside in bright sunlight when I cant keep my eyes fully opened due to intense light. Really like this feature. I trained the scanner when I first started using it in various light conditions with and without glasses and I try looking at the Microsoft text, opens up very fast every time. I also try not to tilt my phone away but hold it in a straight line parallell to my face.

How fast is "fast" in seconds? And what is the longest distance from your face, that works?

fin11

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Tried clocking it. From the time I press powerbutton it takes between 2,7-2,8s to log in. 2,5s if I use dubble tap to wake. Max distance is about 40cm from my eyes.

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I was never able to get the 950XL "Iris scanner" to unlock the phone as quickly as I can with a pin. (RTM? build)
My newish LG G5 finger print scanner is nearly instantaneous, while my Note 4 fingerprint scanner is useless.
Glad to see the tech improving overall.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
wish the finger print scanner on the idol 4s worked this great.

Don't get me wrong, when it logs in with your finger print it is FAST.. but majority of the time it has problems detecting my fingerprint:(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)