08-26-2017 10:57 AM
52 123
tools
    Did you, by any chance, post the same photo of the flower for the 1520 & 950XL?.. it looks way too similar!!
    06-23-2017 11:30 PM
    They're close.
    06-24-2017 12:39 PM
    They're close.
    If you look at the edges, you were either standing in the exact, and I mean exact place for both or its the same picture.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    06-24-2017 02:16 PM
    Okay, let's do this again. I took pictures just now with my 1520, 950xl, Elite X3, and Iphone 7+

All pictures were taken without me moving and within one minute.

Here's the 1520. You'll notice the shadows on the left. Wait until the 950xl and the Iphone.

Hers is with my Elite X3.

Here is with the 950xl. Note the colors are richer. The crushed granite in the back is more an accurate color and the detail in the shadow is finer.

And finally the Iphone 7+ as an outside comparison.

Sent from mTalk on my HP Elite X3
    raycpl, Kot Prada and mark233 like this.
    06-24-2017 02:54 PM
    I see the differences. I'm not a big picture person though so they're all acceptable to me. I wouldn't buy the X3 anyways because of the size. I think iPhone, while maybe not the best, takes decent pics for everyday occasions. Its not like your're going to take wedding pictures with one.

But that's just me. I understand others put a preference on picture quality with their phones. You have a nice group there to make a determination on which one you like best.

libra89 likes this.
    06-24-2017 03:10 PM
    The X3 is the perfect size. If it had a decent starbucks app and opened other apps (facebook, Skype For Business, OneNote) faster, I'd not worry about an Iphone or Android. Odd that Skype4B and OneNote are actually faster on the Iphone than on a Windows Mobile device.

In fact, I would have kept using the 950xl longer if I knew I could double-tap on the navigation bar to lock it. I have taken way too many screenshots by accidentally pressing the power and volume up buttons.
    dov1978 likes this.
    06-24-2017 03:40 PM
    The X3 is the perfect size. If it had a decent starbucks app and opened other apps (facebook, Skype For Business, OneNote) faster, I'd not worry about an Iphone or Android. Odd that Skype4B and OneNote are actually faster on the Iphone than on a Windows Mobile device.

In fact, I would have kept using the 950xl longer if I knew I could double-tap on the navigation bar to lock it. I have taken way too many screenshots by accidentally pressing the power and volume up buttons.
    If I was using it for business, I might be inclined but for a consumer phone (for me) its too big. Of course I'm using an iPhone SE right now and loving the fact I don't even know I have the thing in my pocket. My Idol 4s feels big now! Its all what you get used to.

libra89 likes this.
    06-24-2017 03:49 PM
    I would say my Lumia 950 XL is far superior to my old Samsung ATIV S in everything!

I would say my Lumia 950 XL gave a good run too Samsung Galaxy 🌌 S7 & Apple iPhone 7, Google Pixel series. No problems here.....my opinion.

My Lumia 950 XL against Samsung S8 & Apple iPhone 8 & Google Pixel 2 doesn't have a chance ☹ .....but expected coming two years old!

Sent from Lumia 950XL
    dov1978 likes this.
    06-24-2017 05:13 PM

I only discovered the double tap on the nav bar to lock a few weeks ago myself and been using it since. Can't believe it's been there all this time and never noticed it
    PerfectReign likes this.
    06-24-2017 05:18 PM
    Okay, let's do this again. I took pictures just now with my 1520, 950xl, Elite X3, and Iphone 7+

And finally the Iphone 7+ as an outside comparison.
    Nice comparison job for the first three.

Wish the iP7 photo wasn't so closed-up. It's hard enough to analyse picts viewed on WC app on phone.

...!!
    06-24-2017 11:15 PM
    Yeah the aspect ratio seems to be closer. Not sure why.
    06-24-2017 11:38 PM
    "It's a iPhone mind-trick, young Skywalker" LOL

...!!
    Guytronic and Tom Snyder like this.
    06-25-2017 03:12 AM

Yeah, I'm happy to use that feature. I've found it accidentally on second day of using. Double-tap to unlock and double-tap on bar to lock. Very useful on such a big screen.
    06-25-2017 04:25 AM
    I would say my Lumia 950 XL is far superior to my old Samsung ATIV S in everything!

I would say my Lumia 950 XL gave a good run too Samsung Galaxy S7 & Apple iPhone 7, Google Pixel series. No problems here.....my opinion.

My Lumia 950 XL against Samsung S8 & Apple iPhone 8 & Google Pixel 2 doesn't have a chance ☹ .....but expected coming two years old!

Sent from Lumia 950XL
    I've compared my 950 XL to S8 Plus and iPhone 7 Plus... on my opinion, it's somewhere on par with that phones. But, on subjective feeling, I like 950 XL much more.
    travisel likes this.
    06-25-2017 04:27 AM
    I only discovered the double tap on the nav bar to lock a few weeks ago myself and been using it since. Can't believe it's been there all this time and never noticed it
    Oh, boy... I feel so sorry for You, since it's a so necessary feature for 950 XL.
    06-25-2017 04:28 AM
    Yeah the aspect ratio seems to be closer. Not sure why.
    You had the iPhone on 2x zoom. Just done a comparison with my 950xl and wife's iPhone 7 Plus.

I'm actually quite surprised how close the 1520 is to the 950xl too considering how I'm always reading that W10m hurt the 1520 in the camera department
    Last edited by dov1978; 06-25-2017 at 08:04 AM.
    06-25-2017 04:52 AM
    Oh, boy... I feel so sorry for You, since it's a so necessary feature for 950 XL.
    ...and in all my ranting about the idiotic placement of the power button, no one mentioned the other way to lock the device
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    06-25-2017 02:16 PM
    ...and in all my ranting about the idiotic placement of the power button, no one mentioned the other way to lock the device
    Personally I thought that You want just to criticize it.
    06-25-2017 02:34 PM
    It's a rant if you're the only one who complained. The placement per se isn't so much the problem as much as Microsoft's decision to cut the profile down lower than the adjacent buttons. That's what makes it idiotic.

Sent from my Elite x3 on mTalk
    06-25-2017 03:29 PM
    Personally I thought that You want just to criticize it.
    No, the button and speaker (when compared to my HTC One M8) were the only things I didn't like.

I've now taken to using it more than my HP since Ibcan lock it properly.
    Kot Prada likes this.
    06-25-2017 03:34 PM
    I solved my random restarts with a new battery. might be worth checking out.
    Yes, I've figured it must be the battery, because it never randomly turns off or restarts when on charger. Problem is, I don't know if I want to spend more on it. It's already cost me a lot, because once the entire PCB had to be changed (granted, on warranty, but still lots of problem as I don't live in the US), and another time to fix a severely cracked screen (a first for me, ever). IDK, I'm a loyal MS-user, but Microsoft's mobile situation is horrendous (they don't even support their own apps properly on W10M).
    07-09-2017 06:14 PM
    Yes, I've figured it must be the battery, because it never randomly turns off or restarts when on charger. Problem is, I don't know if I want to spend more on it. It's already cost me a lot, because once the entire PCB had to be changed (granted, on warranty, but still lots of problem as I don't live in the US), and another time to fix a severely cracked screen (a first for me, ever). IDK, I'm a loyal MS-user, but Microsoft's mobile situation is horrendous (they don't even support their own apps properly on W10M).
    There's a paper solution somewhere around here, where you use paper to force the battery pads/pins closer.
    07-09-2017 10:22 PM
    There's a paper solution somewhere around here, where you use paper to force the battery pads/pins closer.
    Sounds like a similar issue to the one with the SD card in the X3

Sent from mTalk on my 950xl
    07-10-2017 12:33 AM
    I had similar problem with 4 BlackBerry Z10. They were randomly rebooting. I realized later, the problem it with batter. So, I put a piece of paper in all 4 devices between battery and body. And issue disappeared.
    Drael646464 likes this.
    07-10-2017 07:41 AM
    During a outdoor dinner after sunset it was getting dark and using my 950XL camera flash OFF I took a pic of our companions and sent to their cell phones immediately. They could not believe how sharp and clear it was and immediately they started to take pics of same scene using their iPhones and were extremely disappointed to have each a black image with some less dark areas.
    fin11 and PerfectReign like this.
    07-17-2017 10:23 AM
52 123