I gave up on the 950 XL

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah the aspect ratio seems to be closer. Not sure why.

You had the iPhone on 2x zoom. Just done a comparison with my 950xl and wife's iPhone 7 Plus.

I'm actually quite surprised how close the 1520 is to the 950xl too considering how I'm always reading that W10m hurt the 1520 in the camera department

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
...and in all my ranting about the idiotic placement of the power button, no one mentioned the other way to lock the device
It's a rant if you're the only one who complained. The placement per se isn't so much the problem as much as Microsoft's decision to cut the profile down lower than the adjacent buttons. That's what makes it idiotic.

Sent from my Elite x3 on mTalk

GG002

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I solved my random restarts with a new battery. might be worth checking out.

Yes, I've figured it must be the battery, because it never randomly turns off or restarts when on charger. Problem is, I don't know if I want to spend more on it. It's already cost me a lot, because once the entire PCB had to be changed (granted, on warranty, but still lots of problem as I don't live in the US), and another time to fix a severely cracked screen (a first for me, ever). IDK, I'm a loyal MS-user, but Microsoft's mobile situation is horrendous (they don't even support their own apps properly on W10M).

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Yes, I've figured it must be the battery, because it never randomly turns off or restarts when on charger. Problem is, I don't know if I want to spend more on it. It's already cost me a lot, because once the entire PCB had to be changed (granted, on warranty, but still lots of problem as I don't live in the US), and another time to fix a severely cracked screen (a first for me, ever). IDK, I'm a loyal MS-user, but Microsoft's mobile situation is horrendous (they don't even support their own apps properly on W10M).

There's a paper solution somewhere around here, where you use paper to force the battery pads/pins closer.

Kot Prada

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
There's a paper solution somewhere around here, where you use paper to force the battery pads/pins closer.

I had similar problem with 4 BlackBerry Z10. They were randomly rebooting. I realized later, the problem it with batter. So, I put a piece of paper in all 4 devices between battery and body. And issue disappeared.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
During a outdoor dinner after sunset it was getting dark and using my 950XL camera flash OFF I took a pic of our companions and sent to their cell phones immediately. They could not believe how sharp and clear it was and immediately they started to take pics of same scene using their iPhones and were extremely disappointed to have each a black image with some less dark areas.

mongo46

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I do enjoy the 950 xl, after moving up from the 930. Alas, I cracked my screen recently. It will cost $200+ to repair or close to $400 for a new, or even slightly used one (options are limited). I am now at the crossroads here. Windows Phones have another year of support left in them and some minor upgrades/tweaks.
I'm thinking of jumping ship as well. I'll probably go to android and still remain in the Windows/Cortana system. My question to the group, best camera options and with regards to Android, is there a system that has some of the same functionality as Windows? Specifically speaking the ability to read and respond to text from the phone while driving or will I have to app that out? I don't have gobs of money to reinvest into the 950 (sigh) so I'll have to instead just end up getting a Pixel, with $0 down but a stupid monthly tab/charge. Your thoughts please.

chefster74

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I feel so lucky. I have 2-928's, 2-929's and my 950xl that I bought new on Amazon in June. Everything works, double tap, glance, Cortana, excellent camera, no complaints! I was on fast ring and am current, went back to slow after last update. I've read about the trouble so many folks have had with their Xl and feel bad for them. We're all just waiting for the next move from MS. Doubt we'll see anything till the end of next year😝

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb