Lumia 950 xl Miracast issue

Asif Shadab Malick

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Hello forum members!

I just got a shiny new Lumia 950 xl 2 days back for around 300 USD, which was a fair price I say for a 2 year old device. See, I understand this is the end of windows phones, but that is for people who have used plenty of windows phones. I haven't. the most expensive Windows phone I have used is a Lumia 550, others being 540, 535 and the 525. so you see, even if there be no new updates to windows phones, there is still a lot for me to use and explore. right now, I am amazed by the camera, its simply brilliant! now coming to the issue...

I was really excited about continuum, especially wireless continuum. ii was looking forward to playing groove music, or myTube, or Saavn on my Panasonic viera, while I was doing chores at home. my viera has miracast. I use it with my mom's galaxy On Nxt, and it works perfectly for watching movies and tv show on Amazon Prime Video and Hotstar apps. I was looking forward to doing sth similar with my Lumia 950 xl via wieless continuum, but alas, its not happening. the galaxy onNxt mirrors perfectly, heck even my 550 mirrors the screen and plays its audio through my TV!! although with 550, the experience is not as smooth. but with the 950 xl, I am not getting even that. I try to connect, and it doesn't. it keeps saying "connecting" and then in yellow letters it says "failed to connect" very disappointing. although it works fine with my laptop, the wireless continumm works fine and the mirroring also works fine, but not with my tv. I checked up online and saw many people hv had this issue too but did not get any proper solution. can anyone here help me plz? thank you for you time and effort in advance!!

northernpipeman

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried it with other TVs? Continuum seesm to have a lot of issues with compatiblity (no sound, etc) with different manufacturers. If this is really essential, then a wireless diplay adaptor is only £30 atm, and 'should' work flawelessly.

Asif Shadab Malick

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Yes, i tried it witha bravia, still same. Issue. Shame! I really had high hopes from this device, but niw that a mid range android device beats it in a use case i was really looking forward to, its really disappointing. Thank you though. Hooewthe new "feature" builds fix thus issue, if not any new features. I read ur reply long ago, but could not reply as everytime i try to log in either through app or website i get thus errir message : No drupal session. No idea what that means but was very irritating. Now somehow i managed to login through edge on mobile, app and desktop still giving me same error msg though. Never expected so many bugs.

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I picked up the Microsoft wireless display adapter and it works perfect. Works right out of the box. I can use Continuum or mirror my phone screen settings. If you can't get your phone working directly with your tv, you can pick these up cheap.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99