Any hope for new windows phone

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I am about to get a new phone. I really like my 950 XL, but it's time to get new phone. Is there any hope for brand new Windows phone?

Thanks

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
If you like it, why change it? :)

But about a new Windows phone... I'd say no, at least there's nothing new right now which would be better than that Lumia.

Sent from mTalk on Windows phone

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I agree if you have the Lumia 950/XL either model. Its probably the last best Windows phone from Microsoft that you will get for a while. Sure there the Elite x3 and Idol S4 though the way I see it. Why change if its not broken keep rocking it. I rock my Lumia 950 every day with out thought of getting a new phone. :) Not like I have the money to throw out anyway so more reason to love the phone I do have and to take care of it. You should be more appreciated of what you have. Not what you don't have. Many people seem to forget that these days. :)

G4Grandad

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
That's good advice. If you like it, why change it? I like my L830 and will use it til it stops working because I can't replace it with an affordable WM phone. I would buy a new 950 or 950XL today if it was available so you are already one up on me and many others.

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
That's good advice. If you like it, why change it? I like my L830 and will use it til it stops working because I can't replace it with an affordable WM phone. I would buy a new 950 or 950XL today if it was available so you are already one up on me and many others.

Well look on swappa.com if the day you need a replacement. Good place to go. Till then keep rocking it b:) i had a Lumia 640 before i got this Lumia 950. My Lumia 640 had a defect screen. Had no warranty. Though sold it to someone for 25 dollars. But glad to hear your phone still rocking. I plan to keep mine for a long time.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Rumor is the x3 is supposed to be released on Verizon in a week or so. I am still unsure if it's going to be a newer model x3 though.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Last edited:

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
But I think it's a downgrade. Only it looks better than the 950, but other than that Lumia has better support than the Alcatel, and from what I've heard, Lumia 950 also has better camera. Alcatel could have a better chipset, but is that enough to buy it and replace Lumia 950...

Sent from mTalk on Windows phone

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Theres also the HP Elite X3, with stereo speakers and B&O Audio+ DAC, a fairly,decent build but its running a QC SD 820 SoC (If you care about specs),, and has a 6" AMOLed Screen, which may be too big for some

EDIT:

I watched a few YouTube videos on the X3 (I know Iknow, dont believe too much on YouTube).. but from what I watched/heard.. the X3 is good except for the terrible Camera quality, which isnt Zeiss optics, although.. Updates could improve the imaging, but make sure you test drive the X3 first :)

IMO, Ide keep the 950XL, until a surface phone appears and MS Mobile comes out of retirement

Last edited:

Wisel1948

Oct 8, 2017
Visit site
Stay with it I say. I have the 950 and think it is superb. I have the same quandry, what to get next. I am 16 month into the use of my 950, and cannot think of moving away from Windows. Appaliing state of the market.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett