Leaving the 950 behind for the LG V30

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Forgot to add - any questions re the V20, LG's skin, the QDAC (on both V20 or V30) or Microsoft Launcher, just let me know.

I have a question. Have you ever used the headphone out jack connected to a car stereo? And, if yiou have, did it make a significant difference in sound quality? Also, do streaming music services play through the DAC? Since they've come down so much in price, I was thinking that if they sound really good, I might get it to play music in my car.

ninwiito

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I have a question. Have you ever used the headphone out jack connected to a car stereo? And, if yiou have, did it make a significant difference in sound quality? Also, do streaming music services play through the DAC? Since they've come down so much in price, I was thinking that if they sound really good, I might get it to play music in my car.

I've tried it on my car Stereo but with the v30 and I do hear a difference in sound quality but it really wasn't that significant to me compared to using Headphones. And yes, apps will play through the dac as long as you have it enabled.

Bigsteelguy

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
The V30 would be great for you, i'm a V20 owner and i run Launcher 10 with real live tiles and a Windows 10 mobile feel. I also have Microsoft apps from Cortana, Bing, Xbox, Groove, Outlook, Office apps and Edge. The Live tiles are excellent. I don't know why Windows Central don't talk about it or care for it, but it does cost $6 with the premium version with a 14 day trial. But it's well worth it for Avid windows users. Microsoft Launcher is ok and decent, but not a true Windows launcher like Launcher 10.

Bigsteelguy

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Traitors? blame Microsoft for quiting on mobile not us. I carry both a Lumia 950XL and an LG V20 with Launcher 10 installed, a true Windows 10 mobile launcher with real live tiles. So how am i a traitor? I've been with Android all way up to Sept 2016 when i bought my Lumia for the first time. I would have gone Windows mobile 2 years earlier but it had issues, not that the Lumia 950XL runs smooth and have very little or no issues, it seems Microsoft doesn't give a **** about mobile.

ninwiito

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Launcher 10 is better, it's more a true W10 mobile feel. It also have real live tiles for most if not all the apps you want.

Wow, I just tried it and works really well and is actually pretty close. The only thing is that it lags a lot but hopefully all of the stuttering will be ironed out through future updates.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I like Launcher 10 because it behaves more like Windows phone and has Live Tiles etc but you can't change the icons so it can really look disjointed. Square Home 2 doesn't have good LiveTiles but you can at least change the icon packs to WhiCons etc and have nice uniform app icons like Windows phones. I wish both launchers would fix their slight issues

kbagrows

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

No, I always connect in the car via Bluetooth. In fact, I don't even have an audio cable in the car; I'll try to take one out tomorrow. I'll also change my Spotify streaming to "best quality" and check to see if that makes a difference.

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
My smart phone path is as follows : iPhone 3Gs >Nokia Lumia 800 WP>HTC One M8 Android>Lumia 930>Lumia 950XL.

The 930 and eventually the 950 XL became my faves. Unfortunately with the more recent Fast Ring updates the 950XL is kind of deteriorating when it comes to live tiles and such. I came across this thread as I was wondering if there were those who were switching over to the V30.

This LG phone is the only device that piques my interest to finally switch back over to Android. I'm now debating whether to just hang on to the 950XL for a while longer and wait for a price drop on the V30 or say "screw it, Sadya Nutella!" and immediately go for it.

almalino

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Agree, I use Launcher 10 and it is closest to Win 10 look and feel. I tried most of other Metro like launchers and all of them do not come close to Launcher 10.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I got V30 yesterday. didn't have time play with it yet, but I pulled quite a long time ago (<year) with G3. I'm finishing setting up SquareHome 2. phone is great so far.

coming from 710>928 & 925(2) & 625?. the biggest reason was slow OS. For example WhatsApp would take 30+ seconds to open, other apps constantly crashing

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa