RIP beloved 950xl

Elvis7

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
So, I've finally switched over to android, only temporary until Andromeda.

My 950xl was on its last legs, the USB c port fried a year ago, only allowing wireless charging and data transfer via micro SD card. The phone has been stuttering, freezing and constantly rebooting, very slow, even on insider builds.went through 2 batteries and it still could not run for more than 8 hours. Very slow camera.

I loved my 950xl, was a great device and the continuum feature turned a lot of heads at work, even had interest in field deployment for our people but when wm10 was dropped, the higher ups turned to Android and dex.

I've had Samsung focus, HTC, Ativ s, lumia 920, and a lumia 1020 prior.

I bought a zenfone 3 for 250cad 64Gb/4Gb. It's really nice, have ms launcher, SwiftKey, all ms apps, 2 day battery life, but I miss the wm10 UI...

So to my 950xl rest in piece.
😫

Charles Barnhart

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I feel your pain. Dropped mine in a lake and it never recovered...right when MS announced then end for Wndows Mobile hardware. So, I got Galaxy S8+. I feel so dirty. At least, the GS8+ is supposed to be water resistant.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
There sure seems to be an awful lot of posts proclaiming one's Windows Phone is on its last legs or died. Out of all the smartphones I've owned those running Windows were the only ones to fail on me too. Wonder why that is?

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
My 950 XL hardware is working perfectly; amazing phone, great screen, great camera; feels super premium with my Mozo back plate. The problem is the software....and lack of it. Starbucks app is gone. Groove gets pulled; we're told to go to Spotify. After 3 re-installs, it still won't play a full song without 'resuming' and struggling...I notice there hasn't been a Spotify update in over a year. The list of app saddness goes on for miles...great phone, but no support from Microsoft. I'm reluctantly using an S8+; the Starbucks app works. Spotify works. MINT works..oh well; what could have been...

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
My 950XL except for the camera works perfectly. The camera lost its focus with AU and thats it. I havent tried anything bc I think HR wont help, and to do everything from the beginning is almost not an option for me. I am too lazy, bc I have like a gazillion tweaks to do (imagine just 30 contacts with different ringing tones, also some 25 apps, and to top that there are apps that I cannot download anymore and need them).

Chippy757

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Mine still works ok. Not using it much during day but everything works as should. For Starbucks I just use a screen shot of the barcode - no issue of the app gap...

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
The 950 XL is a unique edition to the Lumia family. One of the last. I like this model for many reasons. One being the screen itself is one the best of its time when released. Even today it still topples other 5.7" or around that size in color reproduction and accuracy. One of the fewer screens of its time to boast a 700+ nits of brightness....also with some tweaks it can even beat out others in sunlight contrast ratio even today. Great device and probaly my favorite.

ManofGod1000

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Although I did not purchase an XL, I do have another 950 that I have been using for 2 weeks straight. I say another because I had sold off the one I had back in October of last year. Completely regretted that so I went ahead and bought another one for $109 and prefer it to my Android phone as a daily driver.

In fact, I had purchased an Idol 4s for $99 and I have it setting on top of a computer as a backup phone, definitely a keeper.

Dwarf_King

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
I sadly also had to let my Lumia 950 XL go. Now I am using a Samsung galaxy S8. Works damn well man.

UPDATE: Did a hard reset and it now works as a charm. Android has been fired for good :O)

Last edited:

Dannay

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
My Lumia 950xl has bugs too. A lot of the time I press the power button the screen flashes on then off. To get the device back on I have to take the battery out then put it back in . Thought I could hold out but keeps getting worse, and with apps like twitter now not showing notifications . Oh and spotify

jirkahtc

Banned
Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 950xl has bugs too. A lot of the time I press the power button the screen flashes on then off. To get the device back on I have to take the battery out then put it back in . Thought I could hold out but keeps getting worse, and with apps like twitter now not showing notifications . Oh and spotify

Battery fault.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo