Goodbye Everyone

raiderfan247365

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Welp... This is it, I'm jumping ship to Android and leaving my 950 XL in the dust. It's been a fun journey on Windows Phone/Mobile/Whatever for the last 10 years or so but the time has come to an end. I wanted to go down with the ship but I just couldn't take it anymore. My wife got a Samsung Galaxy a couple weeks ago and I have been playing around with, it's just better... it's just better. I ordered a Sony EXPERIA XA2 Ultra and am ready to dive into Android. Good luck to everyone who is still hanging on, you are troopers. See you all on the flipside... Eventually....

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Welp... This is it, I'm jumping ship to Android and leaving my 950 XL in the dust. It's been a fun journey on Windows Phone/Mobile/Whatever for the last 10 years or so but the time has come to an end. I wanted to go down with the ship but I just couldn't take it anymore. My wife got a Samsung Galaxy a couple weeks ago and I have been playing around with, it's just better... it's just better. I ordered a Sony EXPERIA XA2 Ultra and am ready to dive into Android. Good luck to everyone who is still hanging on, you are troopers. See you all on the flipside... Eventually....

Just a matter of time before the inevitable happens when one is hanging onto hope w/Windows Phone. I left some time ago and gained so much more than just apps, consistency and stability were the biggies plus the piece of mind that what I have today will be there for me tomorrow.

Anyhow, all the best in your new endeavours! :smile:

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Traitors :D
I am sticking with my 950XL so far, and do not plan to change it just yet. If eventually it comes to change, it definitely wont be Bugdroid.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Traitors :D
I am sticking with my 950XL so far, and do not plan to change it just yet. If eventually it comes to change, it definitely wont be Bugdroid.

my sentiments as well... but its still far far off in the future... and it'll be Android without bugs (now you get what I mean by far far off in the future!!! hahaha)

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
If eventually it comes to change, it definitely wont be Bugdroid.
I moved to Android last year, after about 7 years with Windows Phones.
I certainly wouldn't class it as 'Bugdroid'.
It runs Android 7.1.2 and is a lot more stable than my Windows devices were (and I loved my Lumia 930).

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
If eventually it comes to change, it definitely wont be Bugdroid.
I moved to Android last year, after about 7 years with Windows Phones.
I certainly wouldn't class it as 'Bugdroid'.
It runs Android 7.1.2 and is a lot more stable than my Windows devices were (and I loved my Lumia 930).

raiderfan247365

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
For the folks sticking with WM, why? I just find that apps I use most don't work that well (netflix, pandora, hulu, edge) and the OS seems to be getting less stable by the day.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
For the folks sticking with WM, why? I just find that apps I use most don't work that well (netflix, pandora, hulu, edge) and the OS seems to be getting less stable by the day.

I'm using Excel & Powerpoint and continuum.. a lot. There is absolutely no alternative out there

And the camera on my 2yr old 950XL, is still a able match against current new phones.

I do fair bit of photo editing on my phone. Using a cheap capacitive stylus pen with my favourite Fantasia Painter app... A killer combination

Next question?

... !

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I have a rare condition called CephaloAndroiditis acuta (possibly I am the only person in the world) which means, I get sick even when I think of an Android device. Writing this sentence down, and also reading the previous posts, made me go to the toilet several times... Yikes.
I have owned iPhone 3G and 4, and got bored with it. For me, Windows has absolutely no alternative. I will use my 950XL till it can be used, and then sadly will move back to Apple. I refuse to have a bug-lag-whatsoever-droid and thats it.
Now, excuse me, I gotta empty my bowels yet again.

mggm100

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Well, friends, I finally reached my limit of watching WM wither and die. As much as I love my 950 XL and its camera and Live Tiles, today I ordered a Pixel 2. I'm tired of waiting for whatever Microsoft has planned for Andromeda. The plans for Andromeda seem to be constantly pushed further and further back as well as evolving into something of interest mainly to early adopters. I have been a Microsoft early adopter in the past. But those days are behind me now. I've learned my lesson.

I came to Windows Mobile from Android because of the camera on the Nokia Lumia 1020. And then I grew to love the whole environment. I'm hoping the combination of the Pixel 2 camera and the Microsoft Launcher will ease the transition back to Android. The level of support Google provides for its phones is similar to Microsoft and iOS and superior to the lackluster support I experienced with the Samsung and HTC phones I used during my first Android period and apparently their support has not improved.

I really don't want to give up my Live Tiles, but at this point there's really no choice. What I've seen of the Android imitations just don't fill the bill, and I think they'd just be depressing reminders of what Live Tiles can be.

The lovely Apple products really aren't a viable option for me, because I don't want to live in such a restricted environment. So Android, here I come.

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm using Excel & Powerpoint and continuum.. a lot. There is absolutely no alternative out there

And the camera on my 2yr old 950XL, is still a able match against current new phones.

I do fair bit of photo editing on my phone. Using a cheap capacitive stylus pen with my favourite Fantasia Painter app... A killer combination

Next question?

... !

I tried to use Excel the other day, wanted me to renew my subscription. For the 20 times a yr I use it, couldn't justify dropping another $70.
As much as I dreaded learning a new program, I checked out Google Sheets.
I was able to email out my template from Excel, edit it with Sheets, and I was done in minutes, using my LG G5, without needing to Dock.
Microsoft, and my 950XL, is barely hanging on. Considering selling it.

jaideepv1234

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Very good decision mggm100 ... I am also on the verge of the giving up WM. I came from ios. I kept my iPhone X in my box and started using 930 and so manyyyy problemssss... whereas I am not heavy user, I just few apps to work fine, emails, fb, WhatsApp, and thats all. but unfortunately, WM can not even provide a good support for these basic requirements. Shame on WM. WM are loosing a lot of loyal consumers and WM does not even care of it. I can not access my email on my 950xl (recently bought - vvvvvery bad decision)

Dwarf_King

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
You can use Launcher 10 for Android and get a more advanced live tile experience. It is actually very cool and well made. However, I decided to use the native Samsung galaxy S8 launcher since it hurts to be confronted with MS phone betrayal on a daily basic. Paid $600 for that beautiful Lumia 950 XL phone. However, it serves as a fine travel and camera phone 😁

diego15nets

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I’m also finally jumping ship. Had windows phone 7 (samsung focus, nokia 920) then windows phone 8(Verizon Lumia 822, 928, and 930 aka Icon) Windows mobile came around and got the 950xl, switched it up temporarily to the elite but was extremely disappointed by the camera and went back to the 950xl. Other than the front facing camera, it still works fine but apps take awhile to load and apps that i’ve used before keep disappearing from the store.

I have an iphone 6s from work and like the fact that it just works, but it’s definitely too boring. Iphone x would be what i would upgrade if i went iphone but i’m not willing to spend $700 plus on a phone...With Android I’ve been impressed by the camera quality on the pixel 2 xl, and with the pixel 3 xl now released, the 2 can be bought used in the $320-360 range on ebay. That’s what I just did!

As far as transitioning, I’ve always hated the UI of iphone and android, notably the app grid. However, at least with android you have the launchers to try out. I will try the Launcher 10 and the microsoft launcher. Install my onedrive and MS apps and go from there.

If microsoft shows any promise that is more concrete than just rumors, I would still give them a chance, but for now it’s time to move on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss