What Networks will the Microsoft Lumia 950 XL work on?

spc13m

May 21, 2018
Visit site
Hi all, i'm new here. I plan to pick up the Lumia 950 XL later this week since i've done the research and have deicded to make the move away from Android to the Windows OS. Unforutnately i've encountered an issue. i cant seem to find a source online that gives a complete answer as to which networks the phone will run on. About four years ago i decided to no longer opt for the contract sevices (ATT T-Mob etc). Instead, i use the pre-paid services. I'm currently on Straight Talk, and would like to continue to use them on the 950 XL, does anyone know if it will work, or if it doesn't does anyone know of any other pre-paid services that will? Thanks for the help.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, i'm new here. I plan to pick up the Lumia 950 XL later this week since i've done the research and have deicded to make the move away from Android to the Windows OS. Unforutnately i've encountered an issue. i cant seem to find a source online that gives a complete answer as to which networks the phone will run on. About four years ago i decided to no longer opt for the contract sevices (ATT T-Mob etc). Instead, i use the pre-paid services. I'm currently on Straight Talk, and would like to continue to use them on the 950 XL, does anyone know if it will work, or if it doesn't does anyone know of any other pre-paid services that will? Thanks for the help.
MetroPCS should work, along with cricket and basically any MNVO that uses T-Mobile or AT&T's network .

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
To add to libra89's comment...It works on just GSM networks not CDMA based networks. Straight talk uses both cdma and gsm. So not sure if you'll be able to just pop your sim in or if you'll need a new sim...

From Wikipedia "What network does Straight Talk use?
Straight Talk is a partnership between TracFone and Walmart. It offers both CDMA and GSM support.
The CDMA network uses Verizon's or Sprint's CDMA 1xRTT wireless networks and the GSM side makes use of either T-Mobile's or AT&T's GSM networks."

mobilereboot

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Curious to hear what your experience will be. I'm on T-Mobile and left my Lumia 950XL behind for a Pixel 2 XL when my employer gave me a month's notice they were pulling support and blocking all Windows Mobile/Phone devices. (I can't really blame them, considering 2 1/2 years ago the Mobile Device Management team told me there were only 50 of us out of 65+K... 0.08%.) I had already watched a number of my favorite apps disappear from the store, and I'm not even an app-fiend, so work was the push I needed to move on.

While I loved my 950XL, the switch to Android was relatively painless. I have all the MS apps and services I used before (except Groove, which I ditched as a player weeks ago, and was pulled from the store today anyway).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb