Best replacement battery source?

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
My 950XL battery life has gradually dropped to under 24 hours and seems to be accelerating.

The only MS branded batteries I've seen have manufactured dates in 2016. Is that when they went out of production? If real, how does years sitting on a shelf affect them?

And if those are not a good choice, is a new production clone a better way to go?

And if so, whats a good one and source? I vaguely remember stories about counterfeit MS or defective knock off batteries. I don't want to risk my phone to save a buck on a battery.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
If you're in the US, call Palcotech at (256) 883-3434 and place an order. I bought a couple from them, and they were good.

I would only buy Microsoft OEM batteries. Third party batteries will give you issues, and the pricing usually doesn't even work out in your favor.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
If you're in the US, call Palcotech at (256) 883-3434 and place an order. I bought a couple from them, and they were good.

I would only buy Microsoft OEM batteries. Third party batteries will give you issues, and the pricing usually doesn't even work out in your favor.
Thanks. I called and just got a voice mail saying they can't take calls now and that their hours are until 3PM Central time which it is earlier than that now. So I asked about a battery via their email.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I called and just got a voice mail saying they can't take calls now and that their hours are until 3PM Central time which it is earlier than that now. So I asked about a battery via their email.

Yeah, from my past experience with them they seem to be a family owned small business. So you'll have to deal with stuff like that. But their prices are good, their products are legit, and they are trustworthy.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, from my past experience with them they seem to be a family owned small business. So you'll have to deal with stuff like that. But their prices are good, their products are legit, and they are trustworthy.
They quoted $15 plus $10 shipping. I have no problem with total price.

I have seen lots of new factory (or counterfeit) batteries being sold with pictures showing a 2015 or 2016 manufacturing date and NONE showing a newer date. Of course not all sellers have a picture and those that do might not update it from pictures they used years ago.

Palcotech didn't provide any date range for the battery I would get only that their policy is to not buy more than a 4 month supply of any battery. I suppose going to look at dates for a possible sale isn't always practical. Does anyone know if these batteries are still being made? Or is a 2+ year old battery the newest there is?

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Palcotech didn't provide any date range for the battery I would get only that their policy is to not buy more than a 4 month supply of any battery. I suppose going to look at dates for a possible sale isn't always practical. Does anyone know if these batteries are still being made? Or is a 2+ year old battery the newest there is?
Not too happy to receive a battery even older than the one that came with the phone. 2015 manufactured date. I suspect the reason they won't provide dates before ordering is too many people would take a pass.

If I knew, I would have taken a chance with a non-OEM battery that hasn't been sitting on a shelf for almost 3 years. Neither very good options with no way to weed out inferior newly manufactured batteries.

I'm guessing maybe they stopped making these in 2016 so its old batteries or other newer batteries of unknown quality.

I wonder how much life is lost just sitting on a shelf for years. Or I hope it was sitting on a shelf ;)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs