Recording w/ Samson GoMic Mobile. Audio Issue.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I recently bought the Samson GoMic Mobile which is a lav mic system for smartphones. It has a unit that attaches to the phone directly and you can connect either 2 ways. The 1st way is with an analog 3.5mm jack to the 3.5mm jack on the phone. The 2nd is micro USB to USB-C on the phone (digital audio).

I tried both, i figured USB-C would only work if i had their app which is available for Android or iOS. But the 3.5mm jack should work, or so i thought.

When i record, i can't get the sound to work through either USB-C or 3.5mm jack, it keeps taking the audio from the phone mics rather than the lav mic. The unit is paired and working, im just wondering if i need to change some setting on the phone to turn of the phone mic?

If anyone has any input here that would be greatly appreciated, worst case i will have to use an Android or iOS device.

It is supposed to work with "iPhones, Androids, Smartphones, Tablets, Cameras" etc. So i dont see why i cant get at least one of the solutions (digital or analog) to work with my WP.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Thank you, yeah i had that link, called them said it is not supported with Windows Phones. My phone thinks its a headset when i plug it in, so its audio out and not in. If there is some way i can change that i could get it to work. But even Juan Carlos Bagnell said it did not work with his 950. So probably not gonna happen.

It does work with Windows 10 desktop though, worked fine on the Surface Book.

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Thank you, yeah i had that link, called them said it is not supported with Windows Phones. My phone thinks its a headset when i plug it in, so its audio out and not in. If there is some way i can change that i could get it to work. But even Juan Carlos Bagnell said it did not work with his 950. So probably not gonna happen.

It does work with Windows 10 desktop though, worked fine on the Surface Book.

Most likely it JUST needs drivers to be written, BUT the company may feel the Win 10 Mobile market is just not large enough to make it worth their while. :( I can't tell you how often we saw this with BB10 support. Even companies who pledged to get their stuff working with BB10 eventually decided it just wasn't worth their time. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb