My 950 XL is on an infinite restart loop. I plug it in charger, it boitsbup, displays "Microsoft" and then again restarts. I tried windows device recovery tool 3-4 times but even there, the software is loaded successfully up to 94%, then error message. I was devastated. I was determined not to buy another phone as long as Lumia 950 XL is with me, but now it became useless. I removed it's battery and it's now just lying in the drawer . I don't know what to do now. I finally had to buy another Android phone, a cheap Android phone. And I really miss the camera. I really wish there is some way to bring back my phone to life. it was working perfectly all of a sudden it started restarting. I really hope someone can suggest a fix for this.
    08-12-2018 09:44 AM
    What charger are you using?

When a battery dies completely they need a proper charger (Like the one that came with the phone) otherwise the power input is only enough to start the bootup, but the drain of the bootup outstrips the charger capacity.

Or maybe it could be a dead battery.

Good luck.
    fin11 likes this.
    08-12-2018 11:05 AM
    Try to do a manual hard reset of the phone.
    https://www.hardreset.info/devices/m.../first-method/
    Additionally u can try to find a new battery for it, on a popular chinese seller site, Aliexpress.
    Yesterday 05:31 AM