Battery life has plummeted since last OS update

ghce

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
Since the last update battery life has more than halved. Swapped out the battery to a known good one still exactly the same result.

Happened the same day as last OS update and no other changes to the phone, so points squarely at the update or an app related to the update.

ghce

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
Yes did a soft reset but no joy. Don't want to do reload as some of the apps are no longer available for download.

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
If the problem appeared with the last update, I think the only you can do is wait for a new update. Maybe is an optimization problema or something else, and would be fixed with next OS version.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Seems this is a double posted topic. I posted reply in the other thread...the app I noticed at first that was using a ton of battery was the Messaging app. It seemed like an anomaly but I disabled mms receipts and then went into privacy settings and turned off a ton of stuff and disabled a bunch of background apps. Out of all those things my battery life doubled back and is normal for my usage.

Microsoft has weird ways of stuff breaking though. Some of the stuff I chose not to disable I toggled off and then back on. I mean it seems like nothing but who knows what was stuck or jerked around after a patch/update and just maybe toggling stuff un-stuck it. ;)

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
I recently prevented most apps from running in the background, including Cortana, which made a huge difference on my 950xl battery life. Rather than charging around diner, I'm still 1/4 to 1/2 with regular usage.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I recently prevented most apps from running in the background, including Cortana, which made a huge difference on my 950xl battery life. Rather than charging around diner, I'm still 1/4 to 1/2 with regular usage.

Ya exactly. I know the 950 XL can drain it a bit fast during use depending on what I am doing. Yet my main issue was standby drain. I would sit it down and watch it drain sometimes 5-10% just on the glance screen in 1 hr...is much better now and honestly the stuff that was running in the background or using other services I did not use or need anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720