08-27-2015 01:19 AM
57 123
tools
    Guys, did you see the leak for the Lumia 950!!!?!!! LOOKS AMAZING!

Attachment 87149
    haha 5GHz processor...lol this cpu will produce so much heat that it will melt the device itself , if proper cooling is not provided.
    This kind of cpu will need a nitrogen cooling system for sure...its fake.
    jojoe42 likes this.
    11-11-2014 12:49 AM
    Just a photograph of text & numbers, nothing to see here.

A leak would be a photo of the 940 & a brief video of it running the so called "Windows Phone 10" on running on a unknown firmware.
    11-11-2014 03:18 AM
    I'm leaning toward this being bogus... For one thing, 3GB of RAM and a version sporting 128GB of storage? No way.
    11-11-2014 08:44 AM
    When I can run photoshop on my phone, then I'll believe it's really all the same OS. Until then I refuse to buy into the "One Windows" marketing slogan. I agree that both use many of the same components, and that's great, but that is not "the same".
    Yup.....Throw an Atom processor in that thing, Give me micro HDMI out, and let me connect an external display and run desktop mode. Now that would truly change the game for realz.
    dwigfor likes this.
    11-11-2014 10:14 AM
    Yup.....Throw an Atom processor in that thing, Give me micro HDMI out, and let me connect an external display and run desktop mode. Now that would truly change the game for realz.
    Bro atom processor sucks, snapdragon is way superior
    11-11-2014 10:25 AM
    Bro atom processor sucks, snapdragon is way superior
    I think that you should go and check the Atom 37XX. I would gladly take it over the Snapdragon and have a PC in my hand.
    11-11-2014 11:38 AM
    ^are you kidding me? one can run photoshop on an atom processor. GL running anything intensive on snapdragon. snapdragon is the reason why WinRT lags so hard.
    Ruined likes this.
    11-11-2014 11:43 AM
    I really hope it's an 8.1 device, because that means it'll come soon. I'm ready to jump from an iPhone 5s, but I don't want a Lumia Icon since it's already been out for like 10 months. Will jump to the next Microsoft flagship as soon as it hits Verizon, though! The sooner the better!
    11-11-2014 02:55 PM
    Well hey think of it this way, Windows 10 for Mobile will run on 64-bit hopefully. So perhaps having an Intel inside SoC isn't so far fetched. I would laugh so hard though if they put a Broadwell chip in there :P
    11-11-2014 03:32 PM
    No MicroSD cards... :(

When will they learn ?

Yea, even if a phone has 128gb there will still be people who want more space and expandable storage, just in case. Or even people who have TONS of music, who put in a MicroSD card with different types of music..Or even movies...

Personally, I would be happy with a 128gb ....for at least a year....
    11-11-2014 03:57 PM
    I find micro SD cards unreliable compared to internal storage so i will always welcome 64/128 GB internal storage over 16GB internal with micro SD
    RJ Priest likes this.
    11-11-2014 07:25 PM
    ^are you kidding me? one can run photoshop on an atom processor. GL running anything intensive on snapdragon. snapdragon is the reason why WinRT lags so hard.
    I think only the Lumia 2520 runs snapdragon 800....the surface non-pro line uses Tegra3 and Tegra4 (Tegra3 apparently sucks quite a bit)

BTW whatever happened to the intel mobile phone chip they had...medfield? It apparently destroyed a lot of the other SoC's performance, especially in battery life. But I heard nothing since it was previewed quite awhile ago.
    11-11-2014 09:13 PM
    I'm leaning toward this being bogus... For one thing, 3GB of RAM and a version sporting 128GB of storage? No way.
    They could sell 128gb in MS store/online only. Don't see issue with 3gb for q1/2 2015 phone.
    11-11-2014 09:35 PM
    Atom/x86 doesnt make as much sense as arm for a phone.
    11-11-2014 09:37 PM
    I hope this is true (I doubt it will be ._. and even if it is true, I don't think I will be changing from my Lumia 930), except for the USB 3.0. That is ugly ._."
    11-12-2014 08:02 AM
    I'd love this phone to be true as it looks like it would be a worthy upgrade from my 920.
    11-12-2014 08:54 AM
    I want something to upgrade to. The 8.1 update knocked out my 1020's camera. 930/1030, whatever, just give me something to upgrade to. Not wasting an upgrade on this "low to mid-range" crap. 1020 was released over a year ago now, and there's been literally nothing released on AT&T to upgrade to.
    11-12-2014 09:39 AM
    When I can run photoshop on my phone, then I'll believe it's really all the same OS. Until then I refuse to buy into the "One Windows" marketing slogan. I agree that both use many of the same components, and that's great, but that is not "the same".
    Adobe Photoshop Express | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (India)
    hahaha :D :P
    sorry couldnt resist :D
    a5cent likes this.
    11-12-2014 12:21 PM

When you can run PhotoShop on your phone, its not a phone. "One windows" means it knows what its running on. Your phone will run what it can as a mobile device, nothing more. Its not just a slogan. Its the same UI on all devices so there's no learning curve. C'mon man. "if it wont run <insert program that requires resources reserved for game machines> its not the same. Ha, funny, looks the same to me.
    11-12-2014 11:23 PM
    ^You describe it as though W10 mobile could potentially run desktop software, but just won't because it's not supposed to on a phone. That is NOT how this works. W10 mobile will have about 1/10th the installation footprint of W10, it will run on 512 MB devices which W10 will not, and it won't include any of Win32's features or APIs. That is hugely different. So different that W10 mobile will not run any desktop software of any kind, no matter how trivial it is. At least for me, if it can't run the same software, it's not the same OS.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not calling this a failure in any way. It's the right way to do this. It's just not the exact same version of Windows (or One Windows) running on everything, like many currently believe.
    Last edited by a5cent; 11-13-2014 at 07:36 AM. Reason: spelling
    11-13-2014 03:35 AM
    Desktop software on anything under 10" is pretty pointless as the screen is too small to work effectively. And Motorola already proved there is no market for a dockable desktop phone.
    Karthik Naik and walterg1 like this.
    11-13-2014 05:56 AM
    Desktop software on anything under 10" is pretty pointless as the screen is too small to work effectively. And Motorola already proved there is no market for a dockable desktop phone.
    same with Asus Padfone
    maybe their implementation etc wasnt properly marketed etc
    microsoft has the software-hardware divisions advantage ,so does apple
    maybe they can get this concept right
    *crosses fingers in hope*
    11-13-2014 12:03 PM
    Not necessarily so - imagine if you may, a phone running a new Atom Processor, one that is capable of docking to an external dock with all your peripherals attached to it like it was a desktop computer. Microsoft owns a patent on this very thing:
    Microsoft patents smart smartphone dock

Now tell me x86 doesn't make sense in a phone. Especially with the advances in cloud computing, and cloud storage, there is no reason why the power of a desktop computer in your pocket is not that far away. I know you wont be using photoshop, or doing CAD work on a phone - but with a simple hdmi connection, you could be off and running, or with a dock you would have a full PC, IN YOUR POCKET.

Motorola and Asus run Android - literally the same apps your running on your phone. With a dockable Windows device, you have x86 in all its glory. I run some serious software on my Dell Venue 8 Pro - AutoCAD, Sketchup, Photoshop - They run totally fine, no lag at all (depending on the file sizes im working with).

All im saying, is that this would create an entire new market for Microsoft - think about the developing world - Even a cheaper ARM version would be able to run Full WinRT apps on a large display all through the smartphone. Office applications would scale well, IE would scale really well.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    11-14-2014 08:24 AM
    Not necessarily so - imagine if you may, a phone running a new Atom Processor, one that is capable of docking to an external dock with all your peripherals attached to it like it was a desktop computer. Microsoft owns a patent on this very thing:
    Microsoft patents smart smartphone dock

Now tell me x86 doesn't make sense in a phone. Especially with the advances in cloud computing, and cloud storage, there is no reason why the power of a desktop computer in your pocket is not that far away. I know you wont be using photoshop, or doing CAD work on a phone - but with a simple hdmi connection, you could be off and running, or with a dock you would have a full PC, IN YOUR POCKET.

Motorola and Asus run Android - literally the same apps your running on your phone. With a dockable Windows device, you have x86 in all its glory. I run some serious software on my Dell Venue 8 Pro - AutoCAD, Sketchup, Photoshop - They run totally fine, no lag at all (depending on the file sizes im working with).

All im saying, is that this would create an entire new market for Microsoft - think about the developing world - Even a cheaper ARM version would be able to run Full WinRT apps on a large display all through the smartphone. Office applications would scale well, IE would scale really well.
    It wouldn't be an atom. Intel is actually releasing a new set of processors specifically for smaller devices like phones. They're supposed to be badass but most makes probably wont use them for a while because the snapdragons will probably be $15 cheaper even though the Intel will probably blow it out of the water.
    11-14-2014 11:41 PM
    ^You describe it as though W10 mobile could potentially run desktop software, but just won't because it's not supposed to on a phone. That is NOT how this works. W10 mobile will have about 1/10th the installation footprint of W10, it will run on 512 MB devices which W10 will not, and it won't include any of Win32's features or APIs. That is hugely different. So different that W10 mobile will not run any desktop software of any kind, no matter how trivial it is. At least for me, if it can't run the same software, it's not the same OS.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not calling this a failure in any way. It's the right way to do this. It's just not the exact same version of Windows (or One Windows) running on everything, like many currently believe.
    It couldn't be. The processing power it would take would render a phablet size battery useable for maybe 1.5 hours.
    11-14-2014 11:43 PM
57 123