Lumia 950 is Microsoft's Last Chance.

Joe A

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft will have to approach W10m Differently than it has in the past. They have to communicate a different value proposition than they have In the past ,The message is critically important, as is the marketing , like the surface pro 3, it has to provide a different sent of values. If they can do this, the platform and phone has a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
It'll take much more than a device, in simple terms they need to ramp up their advancements otherwise they'll always be on the lower rung or worse. Can't say I've seen much in the way of a "popularity" improvememt towards WP since 2012 and 100% certain I've not seen another in the wild since then either.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
PocketNOW?? smh Those charlatan at that website are the most hateful anti Microsoft hookers on the net. They used to be all about Windows Phone up until google cut them a check. I don't know if anyone remembered the video Pocketnow published on Youtube recently about Windows Phone TP they were forced to take down, it was so hateful, it was pure hate.

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I never understood what's the deal whenever someone says stuff like dead or last chance or whatever. Windows 10 mobile is just getting started. The worse that can happen is restructuring to reduce investments but Microsoft will continue to push with Windows on mobile for as long as they can. Also, restructuring means that since there is a single unified Devices and Operating Systems Group now, all its financials will be seen as such and not as an individual department bringing in the losses. A tactical move to fend off uneasy board members and investors. As long as this group keeps on producing profits overall through whatever, either XBox or Surface line or Windows, they will have a cover to work on loss making stuff like Windows 10 mobile or lumias or whatever.
About penetrating the market, persistence is the key. They did it with XBox line and recently with Surface line and the way they are going with this universal windows under Nadella, they can certainly do it with Windows phones as well. A sound product always trumps the public perception or market trends. And although, I myself don't consider W10 mobile to be a sound product, yet, I honestly believe we are getting there.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Ridiculous thread and an even more ridiculous article. No one can predict the future. Meteorologists just pray and Windows Phone fan whine about their upcoming doom all the time. Bored.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
PocketNOW?? smh Those charlatan at that website are the most hateful anti Microsoft hookers on the net. They used to be all about Windows Phone up until google cut them a check. I don't know if anyone remembered the video Pocketnow published on Youtube recently about Windows Phone TP they were forced to take down, it was so hateful, it was pure hate.

I've seen most of Pocketnow videos and I can't say I spotted any of what you talked about, they gave it more than a chance but it failed, look at me a hardcore Lumia fan that switched a year ago because it couldn't take it anymore...
until WM10 is out Microsoft deserves all the negative publicity it's OS deserves.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I've seen most of Pocketnow videos and I can't say I spotted any of what you talked about, they gave it more than a chance but it failed, look at me a hardcore Lumia fan that switched a year ago because it couldn't take it anymore...
until WM10 is out Microsoft deserves all the negative publicity it's OS deserves.
Two things here: 1.You cant speak to the issue I'm referring to if you did not see it. 2. Still holding a grudge? You switched platforms right? Are you here to defend the Pocketnow story or what?.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Last chance?

How many times has that been said by internet hacks over the least few years? Countless.

It's not over until Microsoft days is over. They have no delusions it the flagships turning market share around, they've basically said these flagships week be for enthusiasts.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Two things here: 1.You cant speak to the issue I'm referring to if you did not see it. 2. Still holding a grudge? You switched platforms right? Are you here to defend the Pocketnow story or what?.
1- You're claiming that it's an attitude that Pocketnow is following but I didn't notice it, hence it maybe that you're exaggerating.
2- I switched platforms but this site is still called Windows Central and NOT mobile central, I use OneDrive on my Galaxy S6 along with Outlook mail, I own an Xbox One and a Windows machine, I have every right to be here but even if all the above wasn't true, Are you going to censor anyone who doesn't agree with you or something? :)

oussama ait

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Do you guys agree? I think many have waited for the next WP flagship. I somewhat disagree because I am waiting for the rumored Surface Phone. If that fails to impress me, I give MS 2-3 yrs and I'm finally out.

Microsoft?s Lumia 950 might be its last chance | Pocketnow

I doubt its MS last chance with all the cash they got in hand to splash out maybe they will come adopt android in the future but i doubt they quit the mobile game

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
1- You're claiming that it's an attitude that Pocketnow is following but I didn't notice it, hence it maybe that you're exaggerating.
2- I switched platforms but this site is still called Windows Central and NOT mobile central, I use OneDrive on my Galaxy S6 along with Outlook mail, I own an Xbox One and a Windows machine, I have every right to be here but even if all the above wasn't true, Are you going to censor anyone who doesn't agree with you or something? :)

Censor? No, not at all. Not my objective anyway. I'm pretty much used to comments like yours on Windows Central. You attempted to bear witness to my comment and as it turns out, you don't even know the video. A very atypical response but that was the thrust of my comment to you. The rest was absolution

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Ridiculous thread and an even more ridiculous article. No one can predict the future. Meteorologists just pray and Windows Phone fan whine about their upcoming doom all the time. Bored.

Meteorologists just pray, thanks for the laugh. �:)
(You do know that their modeling is quite extensive right?)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077