What I wish the Lumia 950 would look like (based off the L930)

Mathias Lindberg

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I took a look at the Lumia 930, and my own Lumia 830. This is what I came up with..

Skærmbillede (1435).png
Skærmbillede (1436).png
Skærmbillede (1437).png

To explain further, it's the Lumia 930's design (more rounded off corners), and the Lumia 830's thickness (minus the plastic hump, just a flat plastic back).

It's currently missing speakers, and I just added camera detail. Everything else should be in place.

Grab the PowerPoint here

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I took a look at the Lumia 930, and my own Lumia 830. This is what I came up with..

View attachment 112199

View attachment 112200

View attachment 112201

To explain further, it's the Lumia 930's design (more rounded off corners), and the Lumia 830's thickness (minus the plastic hump, just a flat plastic back).

It's currently missing speakers, and camera detail. Everything else should be in place.

Grab the PowerPoint here

The rounded corners make it look too much like an offering from the fruit stand in Cupertino (reminds me of the 4S and 6). Sorry for some reason I am not digging this. I like the squarish look of the Lumia a bit better.

Mathias Lindberg

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
The rounded corners make it look too much like an offering from the fruit stand in Cupertino (reminds me of the 4S and 6). Sorry for some reason I am not digging this. I like the squarish look of the Lumia a bit better.

It's based off the Lumia 930. I really like the Lumia 830, but I've received several comments that it's "like a brick." I should note that I'm basing this off what we've seen leaked about the Lumia Talkman, which has the same rounded corners, and centered screen with on-screen buttons.

I have another one for the Lumia 850, but since we've seen little about it, I won't update it until I know for sure which direction they're going for with the L950 and L850.

Updated with more square version
Skærmbillede (7760).pngSkærmbillede (7761).png

Last edited:

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I'd much rather see Lumia 920 style fabula design, but thinner. I absolutely love that design. If not that, then Lumia 1520 / Lumia 925 profile.

Overall, I'm fine with unibody polycarbonate, especially if it helps signal strength. Lumia 920 and 1520 feel great when held.

illy khan

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
Pitty, but the actual design, that leaks a day ago is much worst then yours.
Hope MS take you as designer and fire the whole design department responsible for 950/950XL ugly view.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
This is something I would go with. Camera/Led and front facing speakers are subject to change, but I like the amount of minimalism. Keeping small bezels and front camera in the middle with speakers on top is hard to design when you work with real dimensions.

aXross

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Nice render! Great looking, it looks sleek and clean. Though I think my suggestion to make it rather more 930 inspired one, the general shape should be slightly pillow-shaped, means there is a slight taper back and slight curve glass at front but not so much.

They're too flat that people here thinks it looks more like an iPhone (which is well they're similar but it same thing as iPhone 6 is similar to 925).

Also I noticed you have speaker at the front of the bottom lip of the device. Is it supposed to be stereo speaker?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo