No LTE on Verizon?

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Even if they do sell it unlocked on the microsoft store site, won't it still potentially have issues picking up an LTE signal on Verizon? My limited experience with unlocked phones was with using a TMobile phone on AT&T and I ended up selling it because the signal was awful.

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
A lot of newer phones are being released with universal radios (offering the full gamut of frequencies offered by all of the US carriers) so that they can be used on any network. The iPhone 6/6s, Google Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, Nexus 5X/6P are all examples of phones that are not carrier dependent. I gave the Moto X PE a try and it connected instantly to Verizon's network.

Link Kadeshi

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Was talking to a buddy of mine who works for a Verizon authorized retailer. I guess they are moving (albeit slowly) to a system like what AT&T has. Might make a bit of difference here.

to_be_announced

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Was talking to a buddy of mine who works for a Verizon authorized retailer. I guess they are moving (albeit slowly) to a system like what AT&T has. Might make a bit of difference here.

Pretty sure both CDMA and GSM are being fazed out for VoLTE. So then it will be just LTE. But you can currently do with Verizon phones what you can with AT&T ones when it comes to simply putting your sim card in a different phone. I've done it many times with phones on Verizon. Works beautifully.

loki993

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Yes newer phones may have universal radios but on V$ the actual radio/phone had to be registered on their network to work and if you didn't get a phone from them it wasn't and it never would be because they wont register a phone that wasn't originally a Verizon phone.

This may or may be something that's changed since it seem carriers are moving to an unsubsidised model....but I still think V$ is going to give people "incentive" to buy phones in their stores.

The PE probably works because Moto is basically Verizon anyway and they worked out to have the phone registered. Try that with an unlocked Xperia or something like that and I bet youd have a different experience.

wylde06

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Looking at the specs of the Verizon 735 vs the 950xl on the Microsoft store, they both appear to use the same bands? Unless I am looking at them wrong...that makes me think the 950/xl would work fine?

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Looking at the specs of the Verizon 735 vs the 950xl on the Microsoft store, they both appear to use the same bands? Unless I am looking at them wrong...that makes me think the 950/xl would work fine?

Kinda. You were looking at an incomplete spec sheet for the Lumia 735 (Microsoft's fault I guess). This is the complete spec sheet Microsoft Lumia 735 Specifications - Microsoft - USA and it has CDMA radio, which the Lumia 950/XL does not.

Generalheed

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
In terms of LTE, the 950 does support most of Verizon's LTE bands except for 13. Bands 2 and 4 are supported though but apparently band 13 is preferred by Verizon LTE phones or something like that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)