Lumia 950 will be available in Thailand this December, my source said.

kittananj

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I asked my closest source as always when new products from Microsoft announced. He said that he got his new Lumia 950 in his hand already and he said that it's insane great! The camera from Lumia 950XL can blow iPhone 6s (Rose Gold that bought from Japan) away (he can tell this because he uses both!). And now, he said that he let his iPhone 6s alone and he wants to sell it because he has no longer use it.

My source said that Lumia 950XL will be available in Thailand for sure, together with Lumia 950XL, and they'll sell in this December. But, one thing that I still don't know is about the price in Thailand. As I guess, it'd cost about 19,990 Baht in regular version and 22,990 Baht in XL version.

P.S. I have no longer to take pictures in official announcement from Microsoft (as you see in many news about Lumia in Thailand at Windows Central) because Microsoft Thailand decided to change PR firm to use the original one from Microsoft (not from Microsoft Mobile Devices aka Nokia Thailand). So please don't expect about an announcement event, images and information from me (if this firm won't send any invitation to me).

Last edited:

Disinto

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. I guess the launch date should align with that of other south-east Asian countries (Singapore I'm looking at you!)

ace_dxb

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I just wish that MS would do a global release date for all locations in the world.. tired of always being the last one. :-(

kittananj

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So please ask you sorce where we can preorder the duel sim 950 XL.

Sorry, he has no idea about this because Microsoft Thailand's sale team manages these (and I'm not sure that which model would they sell) and he's just a developer. So, I can't answer that.

For sure, please check at NBTC website for more information about queuing of mobile certification process.

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, he has no idea about this because Microsoft Thailand's sale team manages these (and I'm not sure that which model would they sell) and he's just a developer. So, I can't answer that.

For sure, please check at NBTC website for more information about queuing of mobile certification process.

And there is the problem no one even knows where you can order the new phones here. I have had Thai friends look online on the Thai Microsoft store and no information about pre order or release date, If its going to be available in December all that info should be out in the wild after all December is only one week away.

kittananj

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
And there is the problem no one even knows where you can order the new phones here. I have had Thai friends look online on the Thai Microsoft store and no information about pre order or release date, If its going to be available in December all that info should be out in the wild after all December is only one week away.

Yeah, that's a shame for me because of that.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I asked my closest source as always when new products from Microsoft announced. He said that he got his new Lumia 950 in his hand already and he said that it's insane great! The camera from Lumia 950XL can blow iPhone 6s (Rose Gold that bought from Japan) away (he can tell this because he uses both!). And now, he said that he let his iPhone 6s alone and he wants to sell it because he has no longer use it.

My source said that Lumia 950XL will be available in Thailand for sure, together with Lumia 950XL, and they'll sell in this December. But, one thing that I still don't know is about the price in Thailand. As I guess, it'd cost about 19,990 Baht in regular version and 22,990 Baht in XL version.

P.S. I have no longer to take pictures in official announcement from Microsoft (as you see in many news about Lumia in Thailand at Windows Central) because Microsoft Thailand decided to change PR firm to use the original one from Microsoft (not from Microsoft Mobile Devices aka Nokia Thailand). So please don't expect about an announcement event, images and information from me (if this firm won't send any invitation to me).

I don't suppose your source knows if Band 2 is coming to Thailand do they? Microsoft Thailand on Twitter just kept saying to me it's coming soon and they will announce more information.

I would love to see it now! Waiting for TME 2016 Feb

I hope it is not that long, seriously.

Yes, no information is terrible really. It's like they don't care about us.

kittananj

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
For Band 2, I have no information about this. But in my opinion, it'd be sold in Thailand next year. Not too hard to expect it.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Thailand never got Band 1 though. I had to import my Band 2 from the USA to here.

That means, if it breaks (as my Band 1 has) I can only get it fixed if Microsoft Thailand sells it here.

Otherwise, I cannot send it to the USA to get fixed due to US laws about sending devices with batteries which could be a potential bomb threat.

Really hope Microsoft Thailand launches the Band 2 here. It will do well.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Sadly, it looks like your source was wrong.

Here's hoping we get the 950XL sometime before the end of January in Thailand.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)