UK Pricing Released L950 & L950XL - MS Store

Jacja

May 30, 2013
Visit site
UK pricing for unlocked versions of the 950 and 950XL.

Lumia 950 - ?499.99 ($760 USD)
Lumia 950XL - ?549.99 ($836 USD)

950UK.png

Was hoping for a 950 for ?399.

triageatdawn

May 31, 2015
Visit site
The European VAT rates have always been insane like this anyways, let's give it two months and see what happens. I'm on the same boat as you guys, hope to God the prices will go down a bit in the near future.

Chomiq

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
VAT has nothing to do with it, we're talking about nearly 40% increase in price over the US. UK has what? 20% VAT? What's with the rest?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For comparison, this is the same price as the 1520 was on launch (?549). By that standard, the 950XL is pretty good value considering how much better it (allegedly) is.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
A pain, but they are flagships, and this is RRP for day 1. That price will fall shortly.

Microsoft will want to make some profit, and make sure there is room for other OEMs to build similar devices and make some money.

KimRM

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
I think the price is fair. This is flagship phones. Would be weired if they where prices like mid-range phones..

mikewarner

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Pricing is too high in my opinion. Forget what we paid for our phones 2, 3or 5 years ago look at what market share and position Windows Phone is in today. MS needs to sell these phones to be at the vanguard of the W10 launch and budding ecosystem. But at an attractive price.

At the current RRP quoted for a 950 I'll ask a friend in the US to buy (and pay the sales tax), get it shipped here and still be ?'s in. I've seen the US/UK price jump in technology always repeating itself and typically to the sellers detriment. Perhaps the European online sellers will be able to give us a better deal. Let's hope common sense or even market forces prevail and MS relent with sensible pricing to attract a larger audience to buy these excellent phones.

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I shall be holding onto my 930 a little bit longer.

Bought that 2 months after UK release date [Sept 14] and paid ?369, down from the rrp of ?479 with bundled BT speaker and wireless charger thrown in.

Hoping this drops under ?400 pretty quickly.

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Popped into town today to see what the carriers are potentially offering. All said that a MS rep had been there this morning showing off the 950/XL and it's Continuum features, all were impressed bar the one O2 girl who said iPhone 6s was better, I didn't argue cause it would have been a waste of my time.

Only EE mentioned they believe it'll sit in the ?37/month area, I mentioned this was iPhone territory, he just said he personally would be pushing the Continuum features over the ?40+ iPhone & Nexus. So maybe EE will be the Windows Mobile friend.

All the others said that they hoped contract pricing would be released next week but all mentioned December as the release date...

G.

chattoe

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Popped into town today to see what the carriers are potentially offering. All said that a MS rep had been there this morning showing off the 950/XL and it's Continuum features, all were impressed bar the one O2 girl who said iPhone 6s was better, I didn't argue cause it would have been a waste of my time.

Only EE mentioned they believe it'll sit in the ?37/month area, I mentioned this was iPhone territory, he just said he personally would be pushing the Continuum features over the ?40+ iPhone & Nexus. So maybe EE will be the Windows Mobile friend.

All the others said that they hoped contract pricing would be released next week but all mentioned December as the release date...

G.

December it's suppose to come out next month,

Any info on EE wifi calling support?

Mars2003

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, got my 930 from GiffGaff pretty early on for ?369 with those goodies as well. I'll be sticking with that until the 950 hits a similar price.
Interesting that there's only ?50 difference between the 950 & 950XL. That in of itself is suggesting that the 950 is too expensive.

Mars2003

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I believe we have better consumer rights and a longer guarantee than in the US. I guess that has to get costed in. Still think that we get ripped off though.
LG G4 looks like such a good deal compared to the 950.

anon(5518418)

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
With a struggling OS Microsoft really don't do themselves any favours. Apart from the fan boys who is going to buy these phones over an iPhone or S6?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
It's higher than I'd have liked to see but if you throw in a continuum dock or wireless charger etc plus the likelihood that price will drop fairly quickly, I think it's a fair price.

I'm anxious to get a 950XL!

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Just popped into three to see what they're offering. Spoke to the manager who said they hadn't seen a Microsoft Or Nokia rep in a long time when asked about the 950. Her words were, we haven't carried a Nokia premium phone in a year so that won't change.

So three has shown their position in Windows mobile.

G.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb