Corning Gorilla Glass 3 & 4 - 950 and 950XL respectively

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Regardless of mistaken listings, the 950 has GG3, the 950XL has GG4. I've had that confirmation from Microsoft.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I'm still not sure why this especially matters - unless you carry the phone with your keys and are prone to dropping it?

I make a point of getting a case on day 1 (or near as damnit) for any new phone... and as such my 930 still looks like new.
I can't see the logic in getting a bigger phone purely because it has "better" glass, from all I've read so far, I think the XL is going to be too big for me, so I'll stick with the 950 no matter what thickness the glass is. :cool:

The reason is security. IF you drop your phone or IF your keys come into contact with your phone, it has a better chance of surviving. I take such meticulous care of my phones but within a week of having my Lumia 830 we went over a hill and it fell in between the seats, screen against the center console. It got several tiny scratches in the corners. It happens sometimes, and it's no one's fault.

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
This. It seems the listings on the store have been updated. The UK site did say GG3 when it was first listed, but now it is showing GG4. The same appears to true in other countries as well. You'd think the store is the one place they'd make sure it is correct.

Last edited:

Yahoe

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
All store-sites lists gorilla glass 4 for the 950.
As i understand, and confirmed bij MS (someone called MS), the listings on the "normal" Microsoft-site are incorrect.
Both 950 and 950 XL will have gorilla glass 4.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
All store-sites lists gorilla glass 4 for the 950.
As i understand, and confirmed bij MS (someone called MS), the listings on the "normal" Microsoft-site are incorrect.
Both 950 and 950 XL will have gorilla glass 4.
That's my best guess too. But you can't be hard on MS for getting it wrong. They only make the things! LoL

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Meh, gorilla glass didn't help my phone at all...... Dropped it one time and shattered the screen. My Lumia Icon got dropped a number of times, corners got beat up, but it never shattered the screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720