Are you planning to get a 950?

tale 85

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Very seriously thinkin about it. But then reality sets in. I can fit it in the budget, but I don't think I would actually use half of it.
Now someone mentioned something about a 750, or 850 in the works. For me that's probably a better fit.
640 to 950 is skipping too many numbers.

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
I've been using my Lumia 620 for the past 2 years. I wanted to keep using it until the 950 was announced, but somehow I accidentally dropped that phone and broke the power/lock button as well as the volume down button. This forces me to use a "Lock this phone" app to lock my phone, as well as the double-tap to wake feature which I don't really like since that feature often wakes my phone while its in my pocket and drains the battery. Speaking about battery, my 620's battery became abysmal. A full charge now lasts me around 8~10 hours with WiFi off and Battery Saver on. It's really terrible :(
And now I own a Lumia 830 which I bought just last June. Imagine my disappointment when I heard about the L950's announcement. T~T

InspectHerGadget

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
The big point really is whether there is enough life left in Windows Phone to avoid an early death.

The statistics in most countries point to a serious downturn in the market share in the past year or so. While Microsoft has fiddled their market has burned.
I may get one, I am interested but it will only be after reading a number of reviews. A phone is an expensive acquisition and if a Windows Phone were a share I would have a '???' after it.

JimWPan

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Not getting any windows phone after 925. MS is doing it again with ATT exclusive. I am not sure about the windows phone future.

jswantek

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Has there been any word on when, exactly, these phones will be available for purchase? Everything I've seen says "coming in November" or "coming soon", but nothing with an official date. Not even a pre-order option.

NewSteve

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
It looks great (I'd probably get the smaller one), but I recently got a Lumia Icon used, and it is a pretty nice phone - good specs. If I were to give it up, though, I think I'd go for the 950, if I can afford it. Great battery life, 3 GB RAM (is that right?), and microSD card, max 200 GB? Is that right? Basically carry your PC with you and shoot to the big screen... might even be able to develop on it? I guess I'll have to see.

pete2452

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I have been able to upgrade my phone for almost two years. I waited and waited for the next Windows Phone all this time. Finally, Microsoft releases the Lumia 950, only to find out that my carrier will not offer it thanks to Microsoft. I even would get the Lumia 550, but all I read is only for countries like India. I will not change carriers just to get a windows phone, no matter how much I want it. I have had my current plan for years with my current company and I will not terminate it just to get a phone with a different company. I have 5 lines, unlimited talk, text and web. Since we split the cost, each one of us pays less than $65 a month, including taxes and all that. So what is the point of waiting another year for another super phone from Microsoft if my carrier will not offer it. I am so disappointed at Microsoft right now that maybe the deserve not to succeed in the mobile phone business anymore. I will just have to get an iPhone, something I never wanted to do. But looking at the bright side, iPhones have all the apps you can think of, very cool and stylish case covers and all that, they are compatible with all car manufacturers, oh and my service provider offers them.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I have been able to upgrade my phone for almost two years. I waited and waited for the next Windows Phone all this time. Finally, Microsoft releases the Lumia 950, only to find out that my carrier will not offer it thanks to Microsoft. I even would get the Lumia 550, but all I read is only for countries like India. I will not change carriers just to get a windows phone, no matter how much I want it. I have had my current plan for years with my current company and I will not terminate it just to get a phone with a different company. I have 5 lines, unlimited talk, text and web. Since we split the cost, each one of us pays less than $65 a month, including taxes and all that. So what is the point of waiting another year for another super phone from Microsoft if my carrier will not offer it. I am so disappointed at Microsoft right now that maybe the deserve not to succeed in the mobile phone business anymore. I will just have to get an iPhone, something I never wanted to do. But looking at the bright side, iPhones have all the apps you can think of, very cool and stylish case covers and all that, they are compatible with all car manufacturers, oh and my service provider offers them.
I was told by an MS store rep that it should be available in the US when it comes out. We will see, of course.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Well, since under 24 hour's it's been pretty much outed as Verizon is to blame.

Wonder what your thoughts are on that?

KimRM

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
From where did you preorder a black 950? I am anxious to preorder this phone myself.

From retail, here in Norway. Webshop called Komplett.no. Unlocked version. Will be delivered December 3.

Actually a nice buzz about the phones here in Norway.. Several shops are advertising them for pre-order now, they have dedicated pages for them with a lot of info.

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I'll be getting a 950. I need to pick a new phone from ATT for my work. I've been postponing picking something until the new Lumias are available, so it looks like next month it will happen. Hopefully I can keep the IT crew at bay until it's released. I'm going with the 950 rather than the XL, I'm a fan of smaller phones, and even the 950 is too big for my tastes, but it's new and it's a Lumia.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb