I was wondering what the advantage of Microsoft going with At&t exclusively? I'm not to concerned as I'm on AT&T but it makes me a little concerned as to there level of future commitment. So is there a monetary advantage or any other advantage?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    10-14-2015 08:21 AM
    I was wondering what the advantage of Microsoft going with At&t exclusively? I'm not to concerned as I'm on AT&T but it makes me a little concerned as to there level of future commitment. So is there a monetary advantage or any other advantage?

To be fair, they probably already have an idea of how AT&T will have things play out, so the advantage is probably knowing that they would give these phones somewhat of a chance. That's in comparison to how T-Mobile killed the 640 about 2 months after launch. Verizon appears to be very, uh, particular with how much control they want to have over updates. Sprint, how many Windows phones have they actually had? That's my opinion.
    xandros9 likes this.
    10-14-2015 08:35 AM
    Makes sense. My concern is the " app gap", I think even with the ability to create the app that crosses pc/mobile lines, I just don't think developers will care of the phones don't sell as a platform to show off their work

10-14-2015 08:49 AM
    It is not "exclusive" as such. So far there is only one US carrier committed to selling the phone with their branding, but it will also be sold unlocked which works on any GSM carrier, plus any other US carrier could sign up if they want to.
    10-14-2015 11:11 AM
    If MS Store doesn't sale it unlocked at launch then it is exclusive...at least short term. Hopefully unlocked will be available at launch but not getting warm fuzzies it will be.
    10-14-2015 04:08 PM