Advantage of single carrier?

Neill Baldwin

May 16, 2015
Visit site
I was wondering what the advantage of Microsoft going with At&t exclusively? I'm not to concerned as I'm on AT&T but it makes me a little concerned as to there level of future commitment. So is there a monetary advantage or any other advantage?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I was wondering what the advantage of Microsoft going with At&t exclusively? I'm not to concerned as I'm on AT&T but it makes me a little concerned as to there level of future commitment. So is there a monetary advantage or any other advantage?

To be fair, they probably already have an idea of how AT&T will have things play out, so the advantage is probably knowing that they would give these phones somewhat of a chance. That's in comparison to how T-Mobile killed the 640 about 2 months after launch. Verizon appears to be very, uh, particular with how much control they want to have over updates. Sprint, how many Windows phones have they actually had? That's my opinion.

Neill Baldwin

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Makes sense. My concern is the " app gap", I think even with the ability to create the app that crosses pc/mobile lines, I just don't think developers will care of the phones don't sell as a platform to show off their work

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
It is not "exclusive" as such. So far there is only one US carrier committed to selling the phone with their branding, but it will also be sold unlocked which works on any GSM carrier, plus any other US carrier could sign up if they want to.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
If MS Store doesn't sale it unlocked at launch then it is exclusive...at least short term. Hopefully unlocked will be available at launch but not getting warm fuzzies it will be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb