Microsoft incapable of announcing a phone and releasing it in reasonable time

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
They definitely are the worst. Look at the release of the 640 they announced it in April I believe and we were able to get into june/july
For America, yes, but around the world, it did come out in a decent amount of time. I put blame on the carriers for that.

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Good point. That could be anywhere from tomorrow until next year, unfortunately.

Latest build is already stable enough, just needs some minor fixing.

I mean it is already very good on a lot of phone models, why would you assume it is not even better on the two flagships they are targeting to for the november release.

Stop whining about your phone and look at the bigger picture...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Good point. That could be anywhere from tomorrow until next year, unfortunately.

Next year? You're being dramatic now..
There's no way Microsoft would announce a phone to come out in November and then have it come out next year. How does that make sense? It's not even November yet.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Next year? You're being dramatic now..
There's no way Microsoft would announce a phone to come out in November and then have it come out next year. How does that make sense? It's not even November yet.

Look at how they released the 640. Announced in April we didn't get it in the u.s. Til june/july

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft would be stupid to not have this ready by Black Friday. That's like 1/5th of the total income for all major retailers in the U.S.

I honestly don't get all the fuss. If you have a lumia 920/1020/Icon/1520 and you've been waiting YEARS to upgrade then what is the issue with one more month? Don't let your minds make Microsoft out as the bad guy. They said November so just be ready to jump when it's available.

I feel Microsoft is damned if you do or don't with all the whining in the W10M forums.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Latest build is already stable enough, just needs some minor fixing.

I mean it is already very good on a lot of phone models, why would you assume it is not even better on the two flagships they are targeting to for the november release.

Stop whining about your phone and look at the bigger picture...

From what I'm seeing so far with the latest build they seem right on track. I wouldn't be surprised if they already have a release candidate at Redmond.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Look at how they released the 640. Announced in April we didn't get it in the u.s. Til june/july
As I said in another thread, that was the fault of the American carriers. Maybe if they weren't so annoying, we could have had it before then.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
If they're not up for pre order this week with a solid release date, I see no hope for these devices at all in US. (For whatever little hope they already have)

I cannot fathom how you can announce a new flagship product and give such an ambiguous amount of information as to when people can actually buy it.

Gary Berns

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Hey, this is a "phone". It is not food, clothes or shelter. Why don't we let MS worry about its marketing. They must do something right. They make billions of dollars per year.

CanAm89

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
If they're not up for pre order this week with a solid release date, I see no hope for these devices at all in US. (For whatever little hope they already have)

I cannot fathom how you can announce a new flagship product and give such an ambiguous amount of information as to when people can actually buy it.

I'm with you on that one. Look at the years of RIM/BB launching phones well after the hype wave has settled.

It's now November. MS has a couple days left before people start budgeting their holiday money elsewhere. A LOT of 950s and 950XLs are going to be triaged on a LOT of shopping lists. If MS doesn't want to start making Android phones just to stay in that market, they're going to have to be a bit less patient than BBRY and a bit more audacious and immediate like AAPL.

All these people screaming about it not being out yet make me hopeful that there is enough interest in Windows Phones to keep it alive.

Yes, all 8 of us would keep it alive... As the most inane fringe fandom of temporal masochists. "You make me wait SO hard, MS! MS, you make me SO frustrated. Frustrate me slower!"

As an aside, I have Multiple Sclerosis and my previous statement actually rings true if you sub-in one MS for the other.

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me or are they horrible at announcing a phone and getting it available to buy/preorder in a reasonable time frame?

In this day and age, you can't announce something and then go a month or more before people can pre order or buy.... Why can't they figure this out?

In this day and age they can do whatever they like. Heck companies can release hardware that simply isn't ready for release and then NEVER, EVER, fix issues.

donkiluminate

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I think you can be a fan of MS and WP and still be critical. Let's face it. They've totally botched the launch of these phones. Given the situation WP is in MS cannot afford to be so nonchalant about these phones if they want them to succeed or even sell modestly. Maybe the most die hard fans will wait and hold on to get these phones regardless but what what about the fans teetering on the edge? It's just crazy the radio silence MS has gone to regarding these phones. No, "Hey, we hear you guys and know you are anxious but here's why we pulled the phones from the stores." or "Yes, you can still expect to get the phones in November" or what about? "Here are some official bundles"

When MS announced these phones almost a month ago I was ready to throw my money at MS despite my building frustrations. Now, I've had time to think about it and see how MS is handling the launch and platform and now I'm not sure if I'm willing to invest anymore time into what appears to be a platform MS is willing to let whither on the vine.

Of course maybe I'm just the type of customer MS wants. Even if I do leave WP I'll still use their services. They just won't have to build and maintain a whole OS for me to use the services. Win win for them.

John M Beauchemin

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Let's face it. They've totally botched the launch of these phones.

They haven't launched yet...

Pre-orders from day 1 would have been nice, but, they didn't tell us when they were coming out, and they didn't tell us when if ever we would be able to pre-order them, if I recall correctly. I'm dying to get my hands on one, too, but MS haven't botched anything.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
They haven't launched yet...

Pre-orders from day 1 would have been nice, but, they didn't tell us when they were coming out, and they didn't tell us when if ever we would be able to pre-order them, if I recall correctly. I'm dying to get my hands on one, too, but MS haven't botched anything.

They actually did say on Oct 6th when they were announced they would be available in November. No specific date. Just "November".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb