Will wi-fi calling work with the 950/950XL on AT&T, T-Mo, etc?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I haven't see very much about if the 950/950XL will work on AT&T with Wi-Fi calling. I sure hope it does! At work, I can't get a cellular signal.

MatthewGavin

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
re: Will wi-fi calling work with the 950/950XL on AT&T, T-Mo, etc?

I am not sure if this is correct, but I think AT&T has enable wi-fi calling for it to work. I believe they have only enabled it for the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus.

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site

They do need to enable WiFi calling for it to work, the big question is will they for the 950, ha-ha, that's funny!

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site

Once a carrier has the infrastructure to do wi-fi calling, there have motivation to put it on all their branded phones. And the only reason not to roll it out for all your customers is to make it something special for their carrier locked phones. And that is a good marketing tool as long as most customers don't know the downsides of branded phones. I predict T-mobile will be the first to offer Wi-Fi calling or all customers as part of their un-carrier initiative. At some point, it will become more important to differentiate themselves as a carrier than to differentiate their phones from BYOD devices. Then like the previous un-carrier moves the others have to react. Another carrier may be the ones that start the dominoes falling but I put my money on T-Mobile.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers