950 showing up on ATT website

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Just a note: it doesn't mean FCC just approved it yesterday. Manufacturers can request TCB to postpone publishing the FCC certificate to a later time...

True, though in this case it's probably a matter of the FCC "just in time" approval since the paperwork wasn't submitted by Microsoft until the end of October

Test Report no.: FCC15CNFC_RM-1105_13.docx Date of Report: 27-Oct-2015

Probably better just to say "published on the FCC website" as that pretty much covers all the bases ;)

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Just a note: it doesn't mean FCC just approved it yesterday. Manufacturers can request TCB to postpone publishing the FCC certificate to a later time...

True, though in this case it's probably a matter of the FCC "just in time" approval since the paperwork wasn't submitted by Microsoft until the end of October

Probably better just to say "published on the FCC website" as that pretty much covers all the bases ;)

dont want to get pedantic with you both.... but if you look closer at the grant dates, they are also the same as the application dates - 11/4/2015.

I do agree that companies like Apple (especially) have some kind of lock or something on the FCC as there is absolutely no info until they have announced their devices... if you look at their applications and supporting letters of request for confidentiality they require 180 days and then i presume allow the FCC some later release...
But Microsoft (and Nokia before them) have always had devices show up prior to the announcement.
What has been interesting in the past couple of months is a shift to actually allow user guides/external photos and internal photos with the initial release of info - good for us fans....

"Date of Grant: 11/04/2015

Application Dated: 11/04/2015"

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Note the "bait" part of the bait-and-switch is still being advertised--15GB of "free" storage that goes away in 2016.

Incorrect for a few reasons

(1) This has been up since October 6 and they have not updated the post since, so just outdated information
(2) This phone is not for sale or even pre-order, so no money is being exchanged and no one is being taken advantage of
(3) Bait and switch implies that AT&T is purposefully deceiving customers to scam them, of which there is no evidence
(4) You guys need to get better at arguments in forums/this is dumb/quit acting like victims

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Incorrect for a few reasons

(1) This has been up since October 6 and they have not updated the post since, so just outdated information [That screenshot was taken a few minutes ago. It is not "outdated" information. It is what AT&T is advertising as I type this.]
(2) This phone is not for sale or even pre-order, so no money is being exchanged and no one is being taken advantage of. [Straw man argument! So, a car dealer can advertise "free gasoline for life" and because the car isn't yet available that is fair advertising?]
(3) Bait and switch implies that AT&T is purposefully deceiving customers to scam them, of which there is no evidence. [I can't blame AT&T for advertising what Microsoft is telling them, but MS obviously knows this is false information yet they are still allowing it to be put out to the public. That is bait-and switch since they know they are advertising a product and service that they will not deliver.]
(4) You guys need to get better at arguments in forums/this is dumb/quit acting like victims. [You need to get better at not insulting your readers with your lack of analysis of important developments that you are writing about. Instead, why not ask AT&T if this is a special offer that they will stand behind?]

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
So... any news about the release or preorders?

That's all I care about.
The petty arguments in this thread are pointless.

John M Beauchemin

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Nah,ssapre was right. We had a story on it on October 6 and a link to that same listing. Old, old, old ;)

The funny thing is we get "tipped" on this like a few times every week since Oct 6, lol

Update: Here, I can even add the email from AT&T to me listing their att.com/lumia950 link

View attachment 115808

Well, my bad then... but I still saw what I saw, and what I saw is that if I click on 'upgrade my phone' from my plan page it takes me to the phone store, and if I filter by windows phones OS, the Lumia950 did not show up in that list until very recently. So it must have had the coming soon page on the site, but not linked in their store as an actual device.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That screenshot was taken a few minutes ago. .......
This discussion is getting more and more funny. In today's real world, you cant expect someone to announce something and then expect others to update their website with this info in few hrs or days.. especially announced by a company who cant give a release 'date' for that phone :)

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
dont want to get pedantic with you both.... but if you look closer at the grant dates, they are also the same as the application dates - 11/4/2015.

I do agree that companies like Apple (especially) have some kind of lock or something on the FCC as there is absolutely no info until they have announced their devices... if you look at their applications and supporting letters of request for confidentiality they require 180 days and then i presume allow the FCC some later release...
But Microsoft (and Nokia before them) have always had devices show up prior to the announcement.
What has been interesting in the past couple of months is a shift to actually allow user guides/external photos and internal photos with the initial release of info - good for us fans....

"Date of Grant: 11/04/2015

Application Dated: 11/04/2015"

My statement still stands re: just-in-time approval. Microsoft's test report is dated October 27th. They couldn't have possibly have submitted it before then, which was my point thus countering the assertion that perhaps the FCC was "sitting" on the application per MS request. And to be even more pedantic...the fact that the application is dated Nov. 4 by the FCC means that it was submitted prior to that since there is a delay between when it is put in the mail (mail being an all-inclusive term here) and when the FCC acknowledges its receipt by creating an application file for the device.

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
In today's real world, you cant expect someone to announce something and then expect others to update their website with this info in few hrs or days

There are laws against advertising something you have no intention of delivering.

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
My pre-ordered Lumia 950XL was delivered yesterday by AT&T. It is all teal colored. It came with unlimited OneDrive space and a cool mahogany case. Then I woke up. ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb