Let me face it. What are worst things about L950?

anubhav756

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I am a big MS fan looking to buy a new phone, and I am still confused which phone to buy! Please help :straight:

Two years ago, I bragged about my new L720. It worked fine for me, but I convinced people that it worked extraordinary for me.

I somehow managed to prove to others (including me), that my decision "was right", and frankly that took some effort.

Now, after two years, I am back to square one. Things which I promised myself, that would come by the time I sell this phone, are still not here. Apps still not here, stable OS still not here, Lumia lines are still struggling, accessories still not here :straight:

I can very easily convince myself to buy the L950, but that won't guarantee that I won't face similar problems one year down the line.

So here's what I request. I request you to list down as many bad things about the L950, and W10M, which you think will still be here one year from now, or have read somewhere, that are not guaranteed to be delivered by the Lumias, or W10M, for which you may need to switch off the inner MS fan (if any), and give a regular fan guy like me, a hard time reading it. :angry:

How will that help me? Well, I'll then compare the cons (and only cons) of 950 with the other new comers, like Nexus 5X, Galaxy Note 5, Moto X, or even Xiaomi, and this would clarify my choice as, then, I would have chosen the phone, whose cons would least bother me in the future, and hopefully, give you guys, a bit more clarity too, in this thread

After all, I still have a month to weigh my choices...so let me face it >:)

Last edited:

Ian_Superfly

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
The worst thing with L950 is that MS is running "IOS/Android first".
I.e by doing so MS removes any need of a L950.

MS is following the volume now and the volume is in IOS/Android, simple as that

Last edited:

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Why do you like Windows Phone? Do you use Microsoft services like Office or OneDrive, or Xbox, or Groove music and want complete synchronization? If so, you can get that experience with an Android or an iPhone as well as a Windows Phone.

I, for one, use Windows Phone for WP. I really like the interface, the way it operates, and it's little idiosyncrasies that make it unique in the smartphone marketplace. I use Android and iOS devices at work, and I'm sure I could use one if I had to as my primary device, but I just really like how WP works. I think the interface and the tiles are just a perfect design to convey information on a smartphone.

Don't feel bad, just pick the device that best serves your personal needs. For me, it will continue to be Windows.

anon(5590893)

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
For me the worst and most disappointing thing about the 950 (XL) is the uninspired, boring design. I would like to get the new OS as soon as possible but the look of the so called new flagship makes me keep my beloved 920.

DCProjMgr

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Isn't this thread a bit premature? No one has used either WM10 or the 950. This is like making a list of all the deficiencies of IOS 10 and the iPhone 7.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

707wpfan

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
For me the worst and most disappointing thing about the 950 (XL) is the uninspired, boring design. I would like to get the new OS as soon as possible but the look of the so called new flagship makes me keep my beloved 920.

Inspiring phone design being? Star shaped? Triangle? $2 of metal added to it?
What would be cutting edge blow your mind inspiring you to run an ironman and conquer Everest while mastering underwater basket weaving design you wanted?
I have 920,1520 + 640 to try on screen keys and check out, do you just miss the corners of the 920? The rounded ones on the 640 definitely grew on me, but to say you'd rather keep a 920 over 950 is foolish and I love the 2 920's I have.

anubhav756

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Isn't this thread a bit premature? No one has used either WM10 or the 950. This is like making a list of all the deficiencies of IOS 10 and the iPhone 7.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

No we do have used W10M on the preview right? Also, I'm asking what features (like the 3D touch, universal app bride, hololens, Cortana integration, etc) do you think will still be missing from the Windows world and, since I'm thinking to but a new phone, what should I expect from a 950, IF I buy one :)

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Apps still not here, stable OS still not here

I disagree. 500,000 apps are here. Sure we have some holes, but there are lots of apps. And the latest insider build of WM10 has been rock solid for me on my L830. Before this they were terrible but the current hasn't crashed once.

While you're asking for a list of negative things (of which lack of a few key apps are about the only item I'd list), I'm going to be positive and say the L950 has some of the highest specs of any phone on the market. It will have one of the best cameras. It has unique features like Continuum. It definitely has the best security of any mobile phone.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I struggle to find purpose in a thread like this. I understand what you want to achieve but ultimately you are the only one that can justify your purchase, otherwise you may resent us in a year for having 'convinced' you to go for a device you are no longer happy with.

Ultimately, assume things are the way they are right now and evaluate; we are all going to want more apps, better hardware, to be taken seriously by carriers and other mobile is users, and more apps. You will need to find out if your love for the platform now it's enough to justify your purchase and keep you happy in it for the next couple of years.

Noob1ee

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The fact that Microsoft doesn't seem to give a hoot about Windows Phone customers:

1. Apps come out with updates on iOS/Android first
2. No sight of when the phones will actually be released or any details pertaining to carrier availability - nothing, nada, zip
3. They took away the free 15GB OneDrive camera roll bonus

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
The fact that Microsoft doesn't seem to give a hoot about Windows Phone customers:

1. Apps come out with updates on iOS/Android first
2. No sight of when the phones will actually be released or any details pertaining to carrier availability - nothing, nada, zip
3. They took away the free 15GB OneDrive camera roll bonus

1: That is on the app developers, not the 950 or microsoft.
2: I agree with you on this one, however they have said it will be on AT&T, so we have SOME info (just not when, or for how much).
3: That one is definitely on MS, that should never have happened. In fact, I think they need to compete with the rest of the market and offer some crazy amount of cloud storage, or something do with storage. LG's promotion for their new V10 is gonna be hard to compete with, a free 200gb sd card and an extra battery and charger (running out of time though, you have to buy one before Nov 15th).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)