Since the phone isn't out yet and everything is up for debate, here is something I caught that has me wondering.

In the October announcement, Panos Panay stated that the 950 was expandable up to 2TB...

(Clip starts at 46m 46s, but the link isn't starting it correctly for me when I preview my post)

But on Microsofts page (and what everyone else is reporting) is that it is expandable up to 200GB.

Microsoft / Lumia 950

I know there is a note (5) attached to that that says "The device supports SDXC 3.01 standard compliant cards. 200GB cards currently available.", but I would still think they would advertise its full potential rather than only what is currently available?

But then that's why they have 6 figure salaries and I don't.
    11-08-2015 07:51 AM
    Since the phone isn't out yet and everything is up for debate, here is something I caught that has me wondering.

In the October announcement, Panos Panay stated that the 950 was expandable up to 2TB...

(Clip starts at 46m 46s, but the link isn't starting it correctly for me when I preview my post)

But on Microsofts page (and what everyone else is reporting) is that it is expandable up to 200GB.

Microsoft / Lumia 950

I know there is a note (5) attached to that that says "The device supports SDXC 3.01 standard compliant cards. 200GB cards currently available.", but I would still think they would advertise its full potential rather than only what is currently available?

But then that's why they have 6 figure salaries and I don't.
    No they can't say it can have 2TB because it would be false if nobody ever made a 2TB. They can't guarantee it can ever have more than the largest card at the moment they make the statement.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    11-08-2015 07:57 AM
    It is that you can plug up to 2TB USB Hard Drive to the Display dock and use it.
    11-08-2015 08:00 AM
    No, he wasn't referring to the display dock, he said 'theoretically'. As in, if/when they come out with these larger capacity cards, your windows phone will be able to use them. I've seen the same thing advertised by some android phones as well.
    11-08-2015 09:30 AM
    No, he wasn't referring to the display dock, he said 'theoretically'. As in, if/when they come out with these larger capacity cards, your windows phone will be able to use them. I've seen the same thing advertised by some android phones as well.
    Exactly. But before the theoretical part, he actually said "Just toss a 256gb card in..."

I've also seen 256gb cards, though I haven't done enough research to see if they are compliant with the phone.

On a side note... Hoosier... did you used to play Urban Terror?
    11-08-2015 10:11 AM