Does the 950 has liquid-cooling?

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
It's clear that the 950 doesn't have liquid cooling when you look at the FCC materials. Additionally, the Snapdragon 810 is known for running hot, resulting in performance that is inconsistent and sometimes inferior to the Snapdragon 808, found in the Lumia 950. In benchmarks the 808's temperature is fairly stable. So it doesn't make sense to spend the money on a feature the processor doesn't really need.

The fact that some articles claim they both feature the technology is irrelevant. Many of these guys just repost stories, make assumptions and don't do fact checking.

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I just shook mine and I couldn't hear the sloshing sound of the liquid.

Even if it was liquid cooled, you wouldn't hear any sloshing. The XL uses a heat pipe with maybe a couple drops of liquid. It's the same type of liquid cooling they use on laptops and tablets, so unless you can hear sloshing on those devices, you won't hear it on a phone.

It's kind of crazy how it works, the liquid absorbs the heat from the cpu and boils, turning into vapor, and then travels to the other end of the heat pipe. By the time it gets there, it condenses (because of the length of the pipe and copper material it's made out of absorbing the heat) back to a liquid and is drawn to the other end of the pipe through either capillary action, centrifugal force, or gravity. Crazy engineering if you ask me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077