11-20-2015 01:14 AM
28 12
tools
    I just shook mine and I couldn't hear the sloshing sound of the liquid.
    Even if it was liquid cooled, you wouldn't hear any sloshing. The XL uses a heat pipe with maybe a couple drops of liquid. It's the same type of liquid cooling they use on laptops and tablets, so unless you can hear sloshing on those devices, you won't hear it on a phone.

It's kind of crazy how it works, the liquid absorbs the heat from the cpu and boils, turning into vapor, and then travels to the other end of the heat pipe. By the time it gets there, it condenses (because of the length of the pipe and copper material it's made out of absorbing the heat) back to a liquid and is drawn to the other end of the pipe through either capillary action, centrifugal force, or gravity. Crazy engineering if you ask me.
    11-19-2015 11:34 PM
    Even if it was liquid cooled, you wouldn't hear any sloshing.
    Maybe I'm reading into it, but I assumed there was sarcasm in the comment about sloshing.

Either way, the engineering is impressive and above my pay grade!
    RumoredNow likes this.
    11-20-2015 12:04 AM
    Maybe I'm reading into it, but I assumed there was sarcasm in the comment about sloshing.

Either way, the engineering is impressive and above my pay grade!
    Sarcasm is often lost through a keyboard and the internet. That's why they made the /S.
    11-20-2015 01:14 AM
28 12