Does it seem odd to anyone else that pre-orders are being taken in the UK and Australia for the new Lumia 950, but not in the US? Would it make sense to begin selling the new phone(s) without offering pre-orders?
    11-12-2015 07:30 PM
    Not that odd. In other countries phones are sold apart from carriers more often than not, so no need to make deals with carriers. In the US they're dealing with AT&T.

I remember with the launch of the HTC 7 Pro on Sprint, they said you could go into a store and preorder for $50. The actual stores had no idea. I went in five times trying to preorder and never got to. Ended up having to just wait until it launched.

Carriers muck everything up.
    11-12-2015 07:41 PM
    Yes but you could have pre-orders for unlocked at ms store...why not? If the phone is truly going to be released in 1 week, I am surprised has been nothing at all.
    11-12-2015 09:50 PM
    Carriers have a lot of influence in the US. For all we know AT&T could have said, "If you announce launch dates or sell any devices before we do, we're out."
    jmajid likes this.
    11-13-2015 04:19 AM
    Rumor was ATT preorders would open today, right? Nothing yet.
    11-13-2015 06:41 AM
    It's beginning to look like the phone is being delayed until late December. Very disappointing
    11-13-2015 06:44 AM
    Any proof of that, doghouser? Haven't even heard rumors of that.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-13-2015 07:05 AM
    Rumor was never for a release today. The rumor was, from the start, and still, that it will be released on Nov 20.

I don't listen to rumors too much anyway... but I will share a lesson I learned when I was still into androids. Take it as you will.

When listening to reports, should you choose to believe them... Pay attention to the words "confirmed" vs "possibly, possibility, rumor, ETC."

The report said "confirmed" for Nov 20... POSSIBLY with a PRE-ORDER date set for today.

Don't let your excitement come crashing down because of a misunderstanding. :)
    11-13-2015 08:09 AM
    Rumor was never for a release today. The rumor was, from the start, and still, that it will be released on Nov 20.
    Rumor was pre-order via ATT today. That's what he is referring to.
    11-13-2015 08:12 AM
    The pre-order rumor for today very specifically stated "rumor" and "possibility", though. It never once said the pre-order was "confirmed" like the report of the release being Nov 20.
    11-13-2015 08:16 AM
    The pre-order rumor for today very specifically stated "rumor" and "possibility", though. It never once said the pre-order was "confirmed" like the report of the release being Nov 20.
    Hence the word "rumor" in my response, and everyone else's.
    11-13-2015 08:20 AM
    Hence the word "rumor" in my response, and everyone else's.
    With exception to doghouseriley, for whom the comment was intended. :)
    doghouseriley likes this.
    11-13-2015 07:36 PM
    Why do they have to do a pre-order? The rumoured 'confirmed' release date is the 20th, why wouldn't they just release it then? It's only a week away...
    11-13-2015 09:54 PM
    Why do they have to do a pre-order? The rumoured 'confirmed' release date is the 20th, why wouldn't they just release it then? It's only a week away...
    They had better do a pre-order otherwise judging by the attitude of the reps at the AT&T store in my town, I wouldn't be able to get one on launch day because they wouldn't order any phones.
    11-14-2015 12:40 AM
    They had better do a pre-order otherwise judging by the attitude of the reps at the AT&T store in my town, I wouldn't be able to get one on launch day because they wouldn't order any phones.
    If your store doesn't buy any, just buy it online on AT&T's site.
    11-14-2015 01:17 AM
    The guy I deal with at AT&T makes it sound like they don't order anything.. or even know about anything until they get it. Its just there one day with instructions on where to put it. He tells me he gets all of his information on upcoming devices from customers coming in and asking about them.
    11-14-2015 04:29 AM
    I think it's time we all accept that these phones may not get released at all, at least in the US. The UI is not close to ready, there still is no ability to track text messages over a pc or tablet, apps are unstable etc. Again, startup companies like nextbit have their act together more. Not releasing information on release dates is sending folks to other phones and UIs.
    11-14-2015 07:39 AM
    I think it's time we all accept that these phones may not get released at all, at least in the US. The UI is not close to ready, there still is no ability to track text messages over a pc or tablet, apps are unstable etc. Again, startup companies like nextbit have their act together more. Not releasing information on release dates is sending folks to other phones and UIs.
    Lol, where did you come up with this? The rumoured release date is the 20th, so until that day has passed, why would you think they aren't getting released?

How can you say a company like Nexbit has their act together more when they haven't even released a device yet? They have no track record and no one has any idea how they will handle it.
    libra89, EMitchell and DCProjMgr like this.
    11-14-2015 10:13 AM
    Lol, where did you come up with this?
    I can only speculate that some people have a pathological desire to achieve a credibility score below zero.
    Skyway, HotFix, libra89 and 1 others like this.
    11-14-2015 10:37 AM
    Why are people bothered about pre-ordering? It's getting on for a month since pre-orders went live in the UK and there isn't even a sign of a release yet. Microsoft are getting hammered on Twitter about it and don't ever respond. If it was the 20th, why would they not confirm it? It's not a device that is pushed by hype, they are just winding up and annoying the few that do care. My pre order used to say it would ship by 3rd December, and now it doesn't say anything. I don't feel any closer to getting it by pre ordering.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    11-14-2015 11:14 AM
    Why are people bothered about pre-ordering? It's getting on for a month since pre-orders went live in the UK and there isn't even a sign of a release yet. Microsoft are getting hammered on Twitter about it and don't ever respond. If it was the 20th, why would they not confirm it? It's not a device that is pushed by hype, they are just winding up and annoying the few that do care. My pre order used to say it would ship by 3rd December, and now it doesn't say anything. I don't feel any closer to getting it by pre ordering.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    There is a sign of release, the 20th. Let's wait until after that date to start complaining.
    libra89 and DCProjMgr like this.
    11-14-2015 11:22 AM
    lol I love how we are a week away from the "Confirmed" date and people are pushing so hard on the "looks like itll never happen" "Microsoft has failed again" "the world is doomed" comments.

Just be patient. Unless you have the ability to time travel, all the raging in the world and all the hours of reading everything on the internet is not going to get you the phone faster.
    Harrie-S, libra89 and EMitchell like this.
    11-15-2015 07:11 AM
    lol I love how we are a week away from the "Confirmed" date and people are pushing so hard on the "looks like itll never happen" "Microsoft has failed again" "the world is doomed" comments.

Just be patient. Unless you have the ability to time travel, all the raging in the world and all the hours of reading everything on the internet is not going to get you the phone faster.
    Main reason I want pre-order is if released on Nov 20 and I order online then, I will not get till next week. If I preorder, I would expect delivery on Nov. 20th. I am talking unlocked version from MS Store, and I do not have a store within 150 miles.
    11-15-2015 08:14 AM
    Through AT&T chat, the representative stated 11/20 for order and availability of the 950. A manager from AT&T told my a friend of mine the same. Even said they're getting the XL. Going to take it all with a grain of salt at this point till it happens.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-15-2015 09:18 AM