Att Activation Fee

Mikado_Wu

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So does anyone actually pay these Activation Fees when the upgrade phones?

I bought a 640 GoPhone from Amazon, swapped the chip from the 920 and done. Should this also work on the 950?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you are just swapping the SIM, there should not be any fee.

It's new line of service with BYOD that usually triggers this.

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
If you are just swapping the SIM, there should not be any fee.

It's new line of service with BYOD that usually triggers this.

There might be an activation fee with a 2 year contract, I don't know. I know on Next there isn't.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

casab1anca

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
If you're currently off-contract, then there is no activation fee for AT&T Next but there is a $45 fee for a 2-year contract (I got this information from an AT&T Store couple weeks ago).

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
If you're currently off-contract, then there is no activation fee for AT&T Next but there is a $45 fee for a 2-year contract (I got this information from an AT&T Store couple weeks ago).

Oh okay. I was going off what ATT website stated. $15 act fee for new line or upgrade.

Capture.PNG

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
depends if you are on premiere is seems. I just updated, via premiere business, and there was no upgrade. just $150 + tax

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have been out of contract with AT&T since April 2014. When I got my unlocked/unbranded Moto X Pure Edition last month, I simply put the SIM in it. My account page shows that I'm using an "unknown device", since I didn't buy an AT&T branded device. I did not get charged any fees to use it, and I did not have to contact AT&T at all to activate it.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I have been out of contract with AT&T since April 2014. When I got my unlocked/unbranded Moto X Pure Edition last month, I simply put the SIM in it. My account page shows that I'm using an "unknown device", since I didn't buy an AT&T branded device. I did not get charged any fees to use it, and I did not have to contact AT&T at all to activate it.

i bought an 830 in july off ebay and didn't have to bother with activation either, then again, i am on a premiere account... also, sim swapping doesn't incur activation fees.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Nope. My gf got her LG V10 on launch day (Oct 27th) and we were only charged tax, which was $57. Apparently there is a luxury tax, at least in my state, on cell phones.

If I remember correctly, the activation fee is added to your first or second bill, not during purchase.

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
If I remember correctly, the activation fee is added to your first or second bill, not during purchase.

I just ordered the 950 and it said activation fee waived. It might be because of my premier account, I don't know but that's what it said.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs