Wait for Black Friday?

TheKingsEighth

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
You have 14 days to return it without question. If something comes along on black friday just go into the store and return it for whatever deal they are running that day.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My math:

(limited availability) x (crowd madness)[SUP]3[/SUP] = insanity.

I can't do those sales. The savings is not worth it in my mind.

InsGadget

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
True, not looking for a discount, more like what might be bundled with the phone. Like the Band 2 or a cheaper Surface 3. I already have both of those, wouldn't mind a Display Dock or Wireless Charging Pad or some such though. The 14 day returns do give me some peace of mind, good point.

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
True, not looking for a discount, more like what might be bundled with the phone. Like the Band 2 or a cheaper Surface 3. I already have both of those, wouldn't mind a Display Dock or Wireless Charging Pad or some such though. The 14 day returns do give me some peace of mind, good point.

AT&T has a deal on the Surface 3, and if you read the fine print, it looks like it's the LTE version.

If you want the dock, the MS store/site has a deal on a free dock with the 950XL.

I wanted the XL, but am tempted by the deal on the Surface 3. However, I'm also curious to see if there's a bundle/deal with the Band 2.

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
All I know is it's going to be hard to beat buying an LG V10 at Best Buy. LG offers a promotion for a free 200gb sd card, extra battery, and battery charger (offer ended on Sunday) and Best Buy is giving a free 24" tv away if you buy the V10 from their store. Both my buddies did this on Saturday and they are getting like $450 worth of free stuff.

I will probably order the 950 on AT&T's site tomorrow. I've been jonesing for a new phone for awhile. Who knows, they might discount the dock for black friday or for christmas. Maybe I'll just wait until someone sells a dock used on ebay or amazon for cheap.

Chris Phelps

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I keep wondering if I should hold off and hope maybe MS will start offering their dock with the 950. It seems completely silly to me for them to essentially be selling the XL for the same price as the 950 ($649 + Dock = $549 phone), but offer nothing for the 950.

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I keep wondering if I should hold off and hope maybe MS will start offering their dock with the 950. It seems completely silly to me for them to essentially be selling the XL for the same price as the 950 ($649 + Dock = $549 phone), but offer nothing for the 950.

I have a feeling it's because there are probably going to be a lot more people who buy the 950 through AT&T then people buying the 950XL outright. If they throw in a free dock, they might get more people to buy the XL unlocked. Just my opinion of course.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I usually wait till January, coz 2 yr subsidized contract usually goes down on these phones by $50-$100 on Amazon. Not sure about the Next Plans though.

InsGadget

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
All I know is it's going to be hard to beat buying an LG V10 at Best Buy. LG offers a promotion for a free 200gb sd card, extra battery, and battery charger (offer ended on Sunday) and Best Buy is giving a free 24" tv away if you buy the V10 from their store. Both my buddies did this on Saturday and they are getting like $450 worth of free stuff.

I will probably order the 950 on AT&T's site tomorrow. I've been jonesing for a new phone for awhile. Who knows, they might discount the dock for black friday or for christmas. Maybe I'll just wait until someone sells a dock used on ebay or amazon for cheap.

That is a crazy amount of free stuff. Was pretty happy with just the wireless charger for my L920, ha! I will use the 14 day returns from AT&T if something compelling comes out around Black Friday, if I have to.

Chris Phelps

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I have a feeling it's because there are probably going to be a lot more people who buy the 950 through AT&T then people buying the 950XL outright. If they throw in a free dock, they might get more people to buy the XL unlocked. Just my opinion of course.

If that's the case, they could always offer the hub to anyone buying an unlocked phone.

I'll be buying mine outright... but I just prefer the smaller screens. I don't like the way phones are moving toward bigger screens.

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
If that's the case, they could always offer the hub to anyone buying an unlocked phone.

I'll be buying mine outright... but I just prefer the smaller screens. I don't like the way phones are moving toward bigger screens.

Well the 950 is going to be sold through AT&T and unlocked through MS. The XL is only being sold through MS. They've already cut their availability in half with the XL, a free dock is a nice promotion to get more people to buy.

Chris Phelps

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Well the 950 is going to be sold through AT&T and unlocked through MS. The XL is only being sold through MS. They've already cut their availability in half with the XL, a free dock is a nice promotion to get more people to buy.

AT&T has already stated that the XL would be available through them at a later date.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
My math:

(limited availability) x (crowd madness)[SUP]3[/SUP] = insanity.

I can't do those sales. The savings is not worth it in my mind.

I agree, that's why you wait til Cyber Monday. You'll see discounts online and won't have to fight any crowds. Or wait til after the first of the year and still see even more discounted pricing.

707wpfan

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't Microsoft always do a countdown to Christmas type sale every day leading up to the 25th if I remember correctly?
I can definitely see 950 deals then

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb