Wait for Black Friday?

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey there, if my battery wasn't so horrible with the Lumia 920 I would be sticking with it. It's laying on my shelf waiting to be used again, poor thing. :(

I just preordered my phone rather than wait. I'd rather have the phone than take a chance, and whoops December is when I can get it again.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
If MS wants to actually sell a competitive number of the XL, they had better do something on black friday. You cant be at <3% market share and expect someone with no knowledge to be enticed by a new phone with a platform not known to them. Its $650, dock or no dock. The free dock isnt going to force that many people to jump to Win10m.

InsGadget

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Hey there, if my battery wasn't so horrible with the Lumia 920 I would be sticking with it. It's laying on my shelf waiting to be used again, poor thing. :(

I just preordered my phone rather than wait. I'd rather have the phone than take a chance, and whoops December is when I can get it again.

It's quite easy to replace the battery on the L920, if you want ... lumia 920 replacement battery - Bing

And I'm pretty sure the 950s will be available in many/most/all AT&T stores this Friday? I want one this week, none of this "next week" nonsense. :p

offroadjunkie

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
That dock isn't going to be purchased by very many people. It's been done by everybody already. Sure it may have more functionality than Motorola's android dock did but the wow factor is not there anymore, IMO.

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
That dock isn't going to be purchased by very many people. It's been done by everybody already. Sure it may have more functionality than Motorola's android dock did but the wow factor is not there anymore, IMO.

Not for $100. I'll probably wait until everyone else buys one and then decides they don't want it and sells it cheap.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

John M Beauchemin

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
The Lumia 920 launched at a bargain price of $450 in 2012. You then got a $50 wireless charger for free. AT&T sold it for $100 on-contract. Within 2 weeks, it was $50 off for Black Friday, and I got a $50 discount. Not sure how these phones would be more special.

If that's the case, fantastic. I was just voicing my doubt, not stating a fact.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
The Lumia 920 launched at a bargain price of $450 in 2012. You then got a $50 wireless charger for free. AT&T sold it for $100 on-contract. Within 2 weeks, it was $50 off for Black Friday, and I got a $50 discount. Not sure how these phones would be more special.
So you seem to be saying we won't get a $50 price break after a week because the Pilgrims got here too late (or was it too soon)!?!

I'm starting to understand the butterfly effect theory of chaos.

Last edited:

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
My math:

(limited availability) x (crowd madness)[SUP]3[/SUP] = insanity.

I can't do those sales. The savings is not worth it in my mind.

I agree. Im going fishing on the Friday after thanksgiving... I am not a sheep doing what everyone does. Besides, I get deals year round. I may buy a thing or two online, buy I avoid being out in stores this time of the year...

lallen3

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Agreed. There's been nothing concrete about the XL at ATT so far. I think it might happen later on, but I'm not holding my breath.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Cyber Monday is another day to consider. If you know what you want there is no reason the sit at the computer and pick up a few items at a savings. Avoid the crowds and still do your part for the economy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon