Been a long time user of Blackberry 10 devices -absolutely lvoe the way BB10 works on mobile - its seamless and great for productivity. Couldn't wait for the lumia 950 any more ( we didnt have any idea as to when it will be available till today) so bought a new Blackberry Priv on the weekend. Great phone - but hate the way android works. BB hub is ok - but nothing like the way it works on BB10.

So I'm in a big dilema - should i sell the priv and get a lumia? Only concern is how well the email works on windows phones? I've multiple email accounts - gmail, icould and microsoft exchange. I need folder syc, instant push, ability to attach mutliple dropbox files while composing email and email search or server features. I assume all of this is possible with windows

Also concerned about lack of apps - not a big user of apps. But i need banking apps, whatsapp etc on my phone.

So what do you guys think I should do?
    11-16-2015 02:45 PM
    I recently jumped the bb10 platform cause the experience got more and more crippled cause of the lack of apps and app updates. Bought myself a second hand mint condition Lumia 930 cause of the great camera and the windows platform that I wanted to check out. I am less then a week in and am slowly getting used to the platform. It does not disappoint me thus far. My banking apps are here, the social stuff works and it multitasks a lot better then android and ios.

Still, I do miss the 'flow' in BB10, and the hub as well. Text editing is better in BB10 and I'm still baffled that no other platform has the shift+backspace option to delete text in front of the cursor or shift+drag to select text.

The windows 10 preview that I am running since a day or three makes the adaptation a bit easier since it brings back some of the options (quick reply on text, cursor moving dot) that I do miss.

All in all I think it is a great alternative platform to switch to from BB10.
    11-16-2015 03:07 PM
    I recently jumped the bb10 platform cause the experience got more and more crippled cause of the lack of apps and app updates. Bought myself a second hand mint condition Lumia 930 cause of the great camera and the windows platform that I wanted to check out. I am less then a week in and am slowly getting used to the platform. It does not disappoint me thus far. My banking apps are here, the social stuff works and it multitasks a lot better then android and ios.

Still, I do miss the 'flow' in BB10, and the hub as well. Text editing is better in BB10 and I'm still baffled that no other platform has the shift+backspace option to delete text in front of the cursor or shift+drag to select text.

The windows 10 preview that I am running since a day or three makes the adaptation a bit easier since it brings back some of the options (quick reply on text, cursor moving dot) that I do miss.

All in all I think it is a great alternative platform to switch to from BB10.
    Thanks. What about the ability to attach multiple files from dropbox while composing a reply to an email?? This is one of the key features I need.
    11-16-2015 03:14 PM
    be careful - from a windows phone 8.1 user and soon to be Windows 10 Mobile user with the 950XL, i can tell you that there used to be banking apps Bank America and Chase to name a couple, but they have both withdrawn their apps... so check first if you can before you jump...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-16-2015 03:18 PM
    be careful - from a windows phone 8.1 user and soon to be Windows 10 Mobile user with the 950XL, i can tell you that there used to be banking apps Bank America and Chase to name a couple, but they have both withdrawn their apps... so check first if you can before you jump...
    I just found this out today, and it is a huge bummer for me. I really appreciated the ability to cash checks through the app and never having to step foot into a bank ever again :P
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-16-2015 03:35 PM
    I just found this out today, and it is a huge bummer for me. I really appreciated the ability to cash checks through the app and never having to step foot into a bank ever again :P
    yep, i am very disappointed in Chase for having widthdrawn their app, if for nothing else but to quickly check my balance and on the odd occasion post a check....
    11-16-2015 03:41 PM
    I suspect a lot of the big banks will return with a Windows 10 Universal App. In fact, Bank of America made a big deal about adopting Windows 10 for a lot of their business machines, so I wouldn't be surprised if they have a Universal App coming soon.
    John M Beauchemin and Skyway like this.
    11-16-2015 03:53 PM
    FWIW we have a dedicated sticky thread on this topic: http://forums.windowscentral.com/bla...here-help.html
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-16-2015 04:46 PM
    Thanks. What about the ability to attach multiple files from dropbox while composing a reply to an email?? This is one of the key features I need.
    Works great on the W10M preview.
    11-18-2015 05:14 AM