While You Wait - Get to Know Your Lumia Videos

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. With the 950XLs demoed at the MS stores, the second SIM was up at the top next to the camera. Everything looked uncrowded enough to do the same for the smaller 950.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't. I hope it doesn't mean you have to pull the battery to access the sd card.
I think I'd prefer having to remove the battery to access the SD card. That way, it can't be accidentally pulled during a write operation. If there is a WM10 procedure to "eject" or "dismount" the SD card I wouldn't care if the battery was in, but I haven't seen one. But if you can mount external storage via the USB-C port, they will have to provide a way to eject/dismount. But even so, as a sometimes fool, I like making SD card removal me-proof. Of course if the phone doesn't have a tiny reserve charge to allow a write to complete, then pulling the battery during a write could be as bad as pulling the SD card.

TheKingsEighth

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
It actually kind of makes sense to have it accessible above the battery with continuum. If you want to put in a different SD card all you have to do is remove the cover instead of powering it off and then removing everything.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
It actually kind of makes sense to have it accessible above the battery with continuum. If you want to put in a different SD card all you have to do is remove the cover instead of powering it off and then removing everything.
But unless there is a dismount/eject option in WM10 AND you remember to use it, you can't just pull an SD card without risking corruption.

TheKingsEighth

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
But unless there is a dismount/eject option in WM10 AND you remember to use it, you can't just pull an SD card without risking corruption.

On my 1520, which has the side trays, you could eject the SD card from the storage settings and then pop in a different card. On the latest W10M build 10581 you can tap on the SD card in storage and at the bottom hit "Remove."

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
On my 1520, which has the side trays, you could eject the SD card from the storage settings and then pop in a different card. On the latest W10M build 10581 you can tap on the SD card in storage and at the bottom hit "Remove."
Okay, that's what I needed to know. I always turned my 1520.3 off to do it. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos