Pictures + Videos Taken With My Lumia 950

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Some photo taken,with auto mode,seems a bit over exposure. I tried to set the ISO to as low as 100,but nothing different from auto mode.
1. You must have not set ISO to 100 properly because EXIF still shows ISO of 500. Did you close the manual settings UI before taking the shot by chance? If you do that, it goes back to everything auto mode.
2. You are looking at a predominantly dark scene. Auto exposure algorithm of most cameras will naturally result in varying degree of overexposed shots in that kind of situation. Similarly, if you shoot a snow field, you will likely end up with underexposed shots. Situations like this is when you need to give a manual exposure bias in the settings. See the +- exposure bias in the setting? Try -1.0 or so if you want a dark scene to be captured as dark. Similarly, +1.0 or so if you want a bright scene bright instead of grayish. This is a simple technique all shooters must be aware of if they want to produce consistently well exposed shots. (BTW, changing ISO will not change exposure level because AE algorithm will just increase shutter duration to account for lower ISO and you will end up with the same exposure.)

marcoslai

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for the tutorial,I'm gonna spend more time to learn these photography skill.
Btw,I didn't upload those ISO 100 photo,both 1st and 2nd photo is auto mode.

Benetnach

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
WP_20160620_09_42_37_Pro_(2)[1].jpg
A grasshopper (desert area) possing for the shot, Image was cropped to focus on the insect.
WP_20160629_07_51_02_Raw__highres[1].jpg
A snail crossing the road. Use of auto adjustment only.

PackerBacker8152

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
On my 950, I can save a 16MP .DNG file but I don't know if I can open that type of file in Adobe Photoshop Elements 11. Does anybody out there know? I see where Adobe supports converting other camera's RAW files to a DNG but I can't seem to find out if it will import it directly. You would think it would but you never know...

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
On my 950, I can save a 16MP .DNG file but I don't know if I can open that type of file in Adobe Photoshop Elements 11. Does anybody out there know? I see where Adobe supports converting other camera's RAW files to a DNG but I can't seem to find out if it will import it directly. You would think it would but you never know...

I'm not very familiar with Elements because I use Lightroom instead, but if it support RAW files as LR does it should handle DNG just fine without any conversion. In fact DNG should be the easiest RAW format for Adobe to support because it's their own creation. But you probably do need to make sure your Element version is not too old because they update the Camera Raw component and camera support matrix regularly.
https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon